real time web analytics
Report - - Billinge maternity Hospital | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Billinge maternity Hospital

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

David Hullton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Well, please advise if I do something wrong, as I'm new to this. I'm yet to put up my Camelot photos!

Billinge Hospital July /2015)

A quick bit of history:

220px-Billinge_Maternity_Hospital.jpg

The former Maternity Hospital, now closed.
Billinge Hospital was originally founded in 1837 as a wigan poor law Union hospital and workhouse Mental Health services are still available

Opened in 1968, Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas, including much of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, parts of the Metropolitan Borough of St.Helens and parts of the District of West Lancashire .

In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. leigh and St. Helens who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the royal Albert infirmary (more commonly known as Wigan Infirmary) in Wigan.Maternity care units were upgraded in surrounding boroughs at Bolton Hospital, Salford Royal, Chorley Hospital, Warrington Hospital and Ormskirk Hospital.

In March 2007, demolition work on the maternity hospital building commenced. As of May 2007, only a small section of the maternity unit is left standing.

In April 2010, only two buildings stand which are due to be demolished soon as more houses are being built on the site of the former hospital.

Our review:
This place is quite battered and unsafe, but up on arriving, was very shocked on how easy the access was.

Still has a few "hospital" bits in, including an old bed, which I couldn't quite get to as the floor decided to go through!!

We kept hearin lots of creepy noises, so we only stopped around an hour, but there's a lot to see although it is basically falling down.

We also came across a dead dog in one of the rooms on the top floor, or could have been a fox, was just all bones!

Anyway, no security, although there's a security shed out the back of the building now, but no sight of anyone.

If anyone does visit please be careful as it is quite dangerous!
Sorry for the photos I'm in the middle of trying to purchase a professional camera for my new hobby!!

Last edited:

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Good effort, traditionally the history goes at the top, but each to there own, the links in the history need sorting too, and a date in the title too :)