real time web analytics
Report - - Birkwood Hospital, Lesmahagow - September 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Birkwood Hospital, Lesmahagow - September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haha nooo, i meant inside it! I know it fell on you! But just wondered if you succeeded! Wish i could visit this place!

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
When did this place become so rotten?! I remember when the lights were on ffs. Good report.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Reminds me of Lennox castle a lot, what a cracking building!

I really need to get my arse up there before it spontaneously combusts.

darn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort for a first report! Some slightly blurry pictures, but you've got some good ones in there too. It looks like an interesting explore.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, you can tell the difference with a camera and my shaky hand holding a phone :( I will go back and get some better ones, because there was one building I missed. I was there for the main house, but as I don't know how long this place has left, I will probably give it another go and take the missus this time.

Haha nooo, i meant inside it! I know it fell on you! But just wondered if you succeeded! Wish i could visit this place!

No, it was throbbing for like 5minutes after that so I didn't bother :( I will next time!

When did this place become so rotten?! I remember when the lights were on ffs. Good report.

I know, I was looking at the pictures on here for what to expect, and it was completely different even from 2months ago... the place is just falling apart from the insides.

Need to visit somewhere like this for my first post on here :)

You do, was nice and easy and got me my first report up :)

Reminds me of Lennox castle a lot, what a cracking building!

I really need to get my arse up there before it spontaneously combusts.

It's a stunning piece of architecture. That is going to be one of my next ventures. I have been trying to find somewhere no-one has done before, but everything seems sub-standard and not worth the pictures never mind the write-up, but Birkwood still has a lot more to offer than Lennox from what I can gather in the reports on here, so most definitely get your arse up here before the floors go! :thumb

darn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent first outing mate! Its amazing what a person finds when doing thissort of thing. :crazy

Thanks bud! Yeah, the documents that were lying around were terrible... Some from the 90’s where the Freedom of Information Act doesn’t even apply, so should still be locked up; I honestly thought about taking them outside and torching them, but who am I to take anything away from another explorer... With that said, the ones from the 60's were the most interesting, but I only took a close up of one of the ones that was lying on the floor out of respect for the families but there were thousands more behind that fake wall :banghead

tm7632

28DL Member
28DL Member
So guys. DDoes anyone know whats happening with this place then. I was doing research but cant find anything saying if the hotel is still going ahead or not. I find it doubtfull but cant seem to see anything anywhere.

Idle Hands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So guys. DDoes anyone know whats happening with this place then. I was doing research but cant find anything saying if the hotel is still going ahead or not. I find it doubtfull but cant seem to see anything anywhere.

According to this press release work started last week and they are hoping to emulate Peckforton Castle in Cheshire. Looks promising - glad I had a look round this summer :)

http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/ne...otel-of-the-year-by-marketing-cheshire-awards

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Nicely done :thumb

The only time I have been there I got locked in and spent a good hour dodging builders to find another way out, always have intended calling in again.

darn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all,

It saddens me, but also brings me great delight to confirm that all of Birkwood except the main building are no more.

It is swarming with heavy machinery, new signs and fences, 10+ guys in high vis vests and a sign to confirm the Hotel that has been mentioned several times on here before is indeed coming. It seems it's just happened recently, as the buildings are all in big rubble piles.

I was asked twice within ten minutes of walking around what I was doing there, and the entrance(s) to the main building have been sealed off again; but what that said, I would guesstimate there is less than a few weeks left before they start proper work on said main building, so if anyone wants to say their final goodbye's now is the time, however it's now very, very dodgy and I must say it's a dispiriting thing to see... finally coming to the realisation that everything was gone except the main building, and work is slowly beginning there too.

As I mentioned, I am glad it's not being left to rot and will be restored somewhat to it's former glory... although, I'm biased with it being my first successful splore so obviously it's close to the heart!

A link to the articles I just found if anyone is interested -> here & here

birkwood_zps9f1c4cb3.jpg

Mixed feelings sums it up best!

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a shame, glad they're keeping the main building, will make a nice hotel. Cheers for the update, get any more pics?

darn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That it is!

I was just driving past and noticed it, didn't have my camera with me (that was just a quick snap from the phone)... but in honesty, there isn't much to see except some piles of rubble and lots of new fences around said rubble... The only thing that remains is the main building, with the same old fence (but completely patched up, as were all the points of entry)... add that to the fact the place was swarming, and I was on my lonesome, the cons outweighed the pros :turd

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
What a strange place, some parts of it are destroyed whilst other shots it looks fairly untouched.

It looks stunning from the outside!