28DL Regular User
Bishop Street Post Office opened in 1935, it is built from coarse-grained De Lank granite from Cornwall and Heather brick. It replaced a victorian Post Office which was nearby. In 1954 this was the first provincial post office in Britain to be equipped with a machine that informed parcel senders the postage to any part of world. It closed in November 2007, with its remaining services being replaced by some counters in the basement of W.H.Smiths! It was bought by the city council for use as a customer service centre, however the plans fell through and the building remains disused.