real time web analytics
Report - - Black Greyhound Pub, Northwich - February 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Black Greyhound Pub, Northwich - February 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ladybrade

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Unfortunately, I was able to find no history on the pub or why it closed down. However, the restaurant experienced a large fire in January 2015, which lead firefighters to tear down parts of the ceiling and roof to ensure that the fire was fully extinguished. There is also extensive flooding in the basement.

Thanks for reading :)

img_3914.jpg

img_3902.jpg

img_3904.jpg

img_3906.jpg

img_3909.jpg

img_3908.jpg

img_3912.jpg

tazong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really liked the second photo - very nice - also thats looks quite a glitzy piano for a pub - can easily imagine some old geezer or geezerette twinkling away on the old ivorys as you wolf down a egg and chips lol.
thanks for sharing.

ladybrade

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really liked the second photo - very nice - also thats looks quite a glitzy piano for a pub - can easily imagine some old geezer or geezerette twinkling away on the old ivorys as you wolf down a egg and chips lol.
thanks for sharing.
Thank you :) The second one is my favourite too, completely by accident! The lighting looks cool due to the holes in the ceiling and the time of day. Yeah it was, shame about it's condition; could still play a few notes on it though.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very strange place that, I went there a year or so ago, bowls of cereal half eaten upstairs isnt there haha

That piano is in the restaurant side isnt it, used to be called the Bengal Dynasty, two explores for the price of one :)

ladybrade

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very strange place that, I went there a year or so ago, bowls of cereal half eaten upstairs isnt there haha

That piano is in the restaurant side isnt it, used to be called the Bengal Dynasty, two explores for the price of one :)
Yeah, its a bit strange like! & there was some really weird fungus growing in one of the rooms.

It is! Its a pretty cool place, will go back if I'm in the area.