real time web analytics
Report - - Black Hole - Germany - July 2020 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Black Hole - Germany - July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This is the second and last industrial location that worked out from our shite industrial trip to Germany. Photos of this place have been popping up here and there, so we thought we should visit it while it's still standing. We were quite lucky as there were no workers on site, but getting inside was a bit of a pain. The dome served as coal storage in a now-abandoned coal mine. The reasons you would choose a dome instead of open storage include spontaneous combustion detection or dust released into the surrounding area. Anyway, the place is really big and quite photogenic, but the small light shafts made it a royal pain to photograph (especially with my old Sigma FF 17mm). We didn't climb the machine in the middle as the area around us was worker-free but not exactly people-free, and after taking a few photos we left the place and went on a 700km ride home.

As it is just one large dome with a big thing in the middle, there wasn't that much to photograph, so I have only a few photos.

50172682256_1f7c7f0c1f_h.jpg

50172935567_4cc2437ab4_h.jpg

50172137063_ccb2186b8f_h.jpg

50172935662_a34ee47f2c_h.jpg

That's all, thanks for reading​

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Love it, you always know a report from any other country on here will be an interesting one :thumb

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Did you not fancy the coal mine next door?
It was being dismantled, the mine area was separated from the dome but there was some activity in there and we didn't want to push our luck, considering the fact that our luck was quite literally shit throughout the whole trip

jST

LLS.
Regular User
It was being dismantled, the mine area was separated from the dome but there was some activity in there and we didn't want to push our luck, considering the fact that our luck was quite literally shit throughout the whole trip

Fair enough, seems to be the luck of the drawer. Last time we went to Germany, our luck was the same and we just seemed to spend the majority of our time in traffic jams.

Look forward to seeing what else you got up to.

Ant2011

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We tried to visit yesterday, but couldn't find a way past either the "ghost park" or the car repair man.
We also climbed the wall by the "door" but that way was too overgrown.
Any clues how you got in?

Who has read this thread (Total: 202) View details