Web
Analytics
Report - - Blackborough House, Devon, July 2018 | Residential Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blackborough House, Devon, July 2018

Adzitude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I understand. There's a very fine line between 'obvious' lived in and not. I remember seeing a story of a guy that went in a house that was the most delapidated you'd ever see, and when he went in the bedroom someone was in bed!

Biffxs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went down here the other day and you can no longer get in. There is building work going on to convert this building into a hotel and spar. We noted about 2 or 3 people with diggers and such so were unable to get in.

Adzitude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went down here the other day and you can no longer get in. There is building work going on to convert this building into a hotel and spar. We noted about 2 or 3 people with diggers and such so were unable to get in.
Not wanna offend but sounds like you know John and are just backing it up to keep people away :D

JackOsgood

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Urbexer has many meanings. I go out looking for abandoned vehicles in woodlands and desolate places. I look around genuine abandoned buildings that don't have ring fences or signs of keep out / security. I don't trespass where there is obvious signs that a place has a caring owner or has modern fencing. My exploring is not organised, i don't plan missions. I go out for a drive as I love driving, and if something interesting turns up then i investigate it. But I'm more interested in mechanical things than buildings.
Wow this thread has blown up a bit since I have last logged in. I would like to say whenever I explore buildings I never touch, damage or take anything that isn't mine and that I would never break and enter. The fencing around the building is not secure or locked it was easy to get around it and the doors to the building are still unlocked. I take photos to show the history of a building and I believe when I enter I take the personal risk to potentially get hurt. I have been interested in going to Blackborough House for over a year now but I didn't due to there being barely anything about the place on 28DaysLater or Youtube in the past Year so I thought it was under renovation. I really can't wait to see what happens to this building as it is beautiful and I really hope they restore it to its former glory. I just like to take pictures and document the changes over time.

Yes you're right the building does have a new owner and I was aware before entering that they do not let anyone on the site. I would still class the building as "Abandoned", my personal definition of the word would be a place that is no longer in use by its owners (Deserted or left) Thanks for reading my report! :)

Redavni Ecaps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
john give me a shout if you want those here there ve hic cles removing so it is!

John Butler

Banned
Banned
john give me a shout if you want those here there ve hic cles removing so it is!
There is one vehicle that belongs to the new owner. It's right near his caravan. The other vehicles in the lane belong to the previous owner. I've never seen the previous owner near the place since I've been working there. I don't know which vehicles you are reffering to but if it's the ones behind the corrigated gates in the lane they are Ralph's, the previous owner's. It's a strange situation, the lane is public footpath but not public driveway. However Ralph has claimed ownership to the land at the side of the lane. He has lots of stuff on it, but it has nothing to do with the new owner of the main house. So it also has nothing to do with me :)

John Butler

Banned
Banned
Jack Osgood. your misuse of the word abandoned is to suit your own selfish purposes of course. The new owner is not yet allowed to start renovation, that does not mean he doesn't want to start renovation... All we have been doing is clearing scrap metal and other stuff from the house and grounds. The house is quite boring now it's almost empty. I

John Butler

Banned
Banned
Are you guys saying that if a house is not lived in it gives you the right to trespass into it ? If a person dies and the relitives are awaiting the will to be read etc, that gives you the right to go into that house ? Well i hope someone walks into your house when you are not there.

JackOsgood

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Jack Osgood. your misuse of the word abandoned is to suit your own selfish purposes of course. The new owner is not yet allowed to start renovation, that does not mean he doesn't want to start renovation... All we have been doing is clearing scrap metal and other stuff from the house and grounds. The house is quite boring now it's almost empty. I
Selfish purpose? How am I being selfish? I am not affecting anyone. I have not damaged the property or moved anything all I have done is take pictures.
I haven't done anything wrong, what I am doing is perfectly legal. I am not damaging property and I am respecting the building and its land. If you're seriously coming on this website to bash people that have an interest in history and these types of derelict buildings then you need to grow up, everyone enjoys doing different things, as long as i am not damaging property then I dont see the issue in it.

John Butler

Banned
Banned
You don't see the issue in trespassing because you are selfish. And to say that the place is easy to get into and that the doors are not locked is giving an open invitation to others like you. Each time we go there we board up another doorway. It's true you can get around the fencing, but should you ? The fencing being new proves that the property is not abandoned. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. It just means the legal system is corrupt. But there you go, hope you fall and break your neck next time.

JackOsgood

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You don't see the issue in trespassing because you are selfish. And to say that the place is easy to get into and that the doors are not locked is giving an open invitation to others like you. Each time we go there we board up another doorway. It's true you can get around the fencing, but should you ? The fencing being new proves that the property is not abandoned. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. It just means the legal system is corrupt. But there you go, hope you fall and break your neck next time.
I understand your concern with explorers entering the building. I am not being funny at you I just want you to know that I wouldn't disrespect the building as I am interested in its history and excited to see how it develops in the future. I wouldn't class my actions as selfish as I am not affecting anyone else when I was exploring the building. If i affected anyone in my visit I apologise as I don't intend to annoy anyone. I understand a lot of people come into these buildings and damage them which does not help the renovation process. I dont understand how fencing being around the building means that it is abandoned or not. I knew the history of the building before I visited and I knew that it had a new owner and is awaiting planning permission. I don't see how me stating that the building is easy to access is an issue? There is plenty of YouTube videos that show the exact access point I used to get into the building and those videos are months old. I agree, just because something is legal doesn't make it right! It personally depends on the context of that to me, if someone is coming into the building and damaging the property then I have a personal issue with that. I have called police before on people who have been damaging property at these kinds of buildings.

The definition of Abandoned is a place that is uninhabited, deserted or left. This building meets that criteria In my opinion. It has been left to decay for many years and it does not have any planning permission. If there was construction on the site or people living on the site I would not visit the location. I am sorry if I have annoyed you because of my visit to Blackborough House. I am happy I have visited the location as I have been interested in going for over a year and I think it is a beautiful building in a beautiful location.

Ganji

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was with Jack on the day that he visited. When we got there we walked slowly past the house next to it and we stayed around where the front of the building is as we thought the owners of the new house was around. The reason why we didn't go straight in is because we always wait to see if there is anyone basically not wanting us to enter. We waited for about an hour to see if anyone was around while we took photos of the outside of the building.