real time web analytics
Report - - Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Blackburn - June 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Blackburn - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Visited with Ferox and again with ACID-REFLUX at stupid o'clock in the morning, thanks guys really enjoyed both visits :thumb and it was my first successful explore of the month. Liked getting there when it was pitch black & gradually being able to get clearer pics as the sun came up and getting onto the top floor on second visit :)

IMG_0214_zps85c93973.jpg

History,
Most of the hospital has been demolished & in the process of being replaced with houses, only the war memorial wing remains. Construction of the war memorial wing started in 1924 and was completed in 1928. It was designed to "provide an imposing frontage and statement building to greet any traveller entering Blackburn along the Bolton Road to the south east." It was designed by local architects Sames and Green.

IMG_0100_zps8a5618d7.jpg

IMG_0110_zps62b8ecc4.jpg

IMG_0336_zps3cc0f0ce.jpg

IMG_0034_zps327e95f0.jpg

Thanks AR for letting me use your camera & fish eye lens thing for this one
P1180459_zpsbf145df6.jpg

IMG_0291_zps81278cab.jpg

IMG_0315_zps271b4599.jpg

IMG_0462_zps6a193294.jpg

IMG_0405_zpsd79f940f.gif

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb where's the rest of them ?

Liked it here. It's just like Clayton Hospital but with peeling paint and more intact windows :)

Fish eye thing ? Lol

Was a nice relaxed mini road trip all round, the only downside was the best take away in Preston :eek: that"l haunt me for years

Cheers mate :)

If I get chance tonight I'll send those pics over to you, bit rushed ATM :)

Last edited:

The_Raw

Staff member
Excellent bit of graff in pic 4, and pic 5 looks like Johnny No 5 had his face ripped off in there :D Love that fish eye thing shot, captured it perfectly :thumb

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb where's the rest of them ?

Liked it here. It's just like Clayton Hospital but with peeling paint and more intact windows :)

Fish eye thing ? Lol

Was a nice relaxed mini road trip all round, the only downside was the best take away in Preston :eek: that"l haunt me for years

Cheers mate :)

If I get chance tonight I'll send those pics over to you, bit rushed ATM :)

Yeah thanks man it was a good day out got lots covered :) next time i'll get you a pizza then you will see ;) Still going through half my pics got LOADS, will try to add some more later also a bit rushed atm...

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Excellent bit of graff in pic 4, and pic 5 looks like Johnny No 5 had his face ripped off in there :D Love that fish eye thing shot, captured it perfectly :thumb

Thanks man, yeah so far that's the only bit of half decent graff i've come across while urbexing, there were a few other decent ones will try to add them there was one of a skeleton stork that was cool :D

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one mate, some great photo's there:thumb Look's like you lads got some great light and the top floor, awesome:)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah good days explores all round, pity you couldn"t make it mate, hopefully soon ? :)

Ta for the Billinge nod :)

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your welcome on the Billinge nod mate, it's cool you lads had a go at it. Yeah well up for a mooch bud, hopefully soon:)

Yeah good days explores all round, pity you couldn"t make it mate, hopefully soon ? :)

Ta for the Billinge nod :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks man, yeah so far that's the only bit of half decent graff i've come across while urbexing, there were a few other decent ones will try to add them there was one of a skeleton stork that was cool :D

Wait till we get you over to Sheffield mate & see some proper "Graff" ..........none of this Stencil stuff :D