real time web analytics
Report - - Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Lancashire, August 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Lancashire, August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Weeble

Having a blonde moment
28DL Full Member
This was a very easy explore. There were no builders around when I visited, which made things easier seeing as the only way around the building is by the fire escapes.

History:
Blackburn Royal Infirmary was first opened in 1865 but there were several extensions built in 1965 and 1980. All that’s left now is the War Memorial Wing of the infirmary, which was built soon after the First World War. The rest of the building has been demolished to make way for housing.

Photos:

IMG_3711_zps30ccea6b.jpg

IMG_3764_zpsc4161722.jpg

IMG_3730_zps56333fb2.jpg

IMG_3733_zpsb4d84075.jpg

IMG_3781_zps8a24f44e.jpg

IMG_3771_zpsb03457bd.jpg

IMG_3752_zps858bb2a7.jpg

IMG_3774_zpsb7934dbb.jpg

IMG_3775a_zpsf6dc56e8.jpg

IMG_3728_zps55e589de.jpg

IMG_3794_zpsea783e45.jpg

IMG_3791_zps7915a3de.jpg

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pics :thumb

It's a bit of a challenge the old circular balcony, a fisheye helps or an UWA . Bit of a pain when you can't walk any further backwards lol

TBH I don"t think anyone's really that bothered, well the locals aren't anyway , we just waved at them when they took interest and carried on and there was no Secca guarding any of the Plant equipment which was weird . I suppose as long as you don't walk through their foundations while they're been done you're OK lol

Weeble

Having a blonde moment
28DL Full Member
It's a bit of a challenge the old circular balcony, a fisheye helps or an UWA . Bit of a pain when you can't walk any further backwards lol

TBH I don"t think anyone's really that bothered, well the locals aren't anyway , we just waved at them when they took interest and carried on and there was no Secca guarding any of the Plant equipment which was weird . I suppose as long as you don't walk through their foundations while they're been done you're OK lol

I've got a wide angle on my shopping list - it was very hard to photograph that dome without one!

I was seen by people on the street on my way in and out - it's such a busy road that there was no avoiding it unfortunately.

neizt

Lazy Explorer
28DL Full Member
Still can't believe I was there at the same time and got scared of your footsteps and departed quickly haha :)

marce

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live opposite this Hospital, getting quite a few visitors on a weekend, I'm just plucking up courage to go in though my 15 year old son cant wait....

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live opposite this Hospital, getting quite a few visitors on a weekend, I'm just plucking up courage to go in though my 15 year old son cant wait....

Not really the place for an intro but welcome to 28 all the same :)

Why have you not done it already ? It"s probably one of the easiest Hospitals you"ll ever find to access.......just ask the neighbours lol

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Awesome pics. Went to check this out very recent and is so easy to explore and yes the locals dont seem to mind has long has your not vandalizing the place. Nice walk round and nice and easy for some new comers looking for a first explore. Just respect the place and it will respect you.