real time web analytics
Report - - Blackpool Tower Climb, Lancs - August 2010. | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blackpool Tower Climb, Lancs - August 2010.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Blackpool Tower Climb - Present Ojay, Millhouse & Doc-P

tow1.jpg

Originally opened Sunday 14th May 1894 at a then cost of £41,000, Standing at 518ft it was regarded as the greatest single piece of British engineering of it's time.

I could ramble on and on and regurgitate a whole heap of crap about this place but I'm not!

Blackpool Tower is the de facto logo of the resort ENDS.

Having grown up with the tower in my life I had always wondered what it would be like to climb such a magnificent structure.

Shouts to the following people who both inspired me and made this possible.

Stepping Lightly, Userscott, Millhouse, Doc-P, Gone, Appo & Herbert

From the top of the tower can be seen the Isle of Man, North Wales, and the Southern Lake district, as well as large swathes of Lancashire.

We couldn't have picked a worse night, it was pissing down with gale force winds blowing in off the Irish Sea, I was absolutely soaked to the skin before I got anywhere near the tower :eek:

Conditions were poor, and worsened as we decided to climb past the section of scaffold that had been erected a third of the way up to reach the 'Walk Of Faith' Glass floor @ 380ft.

It was treacherous to say the least, and the wind and rain lashing at us was nothing short of ridiculous... We even nearly aborted the high climb a couple of times, but we sat it out before the final stretch, up through the clouds and right below the viewing platform.

Apologies for the poor quality, whack the ISO up high, and hope for the best :p

Oh we do like to be beside The Seaside - Next Level.

BP.jpg

Road.jpg

Pier1.jpg

This must be the Redlight area that Stepping Lightly told me to check out next time in Blackpool :D

light2.jpg

light1.jpg

Higher up.....

Golden1.jpg

Rand1.jpg

Police Station

Police.jpg

F@@K it's windy up here

Moi1.jpg

me1-2.jpg

As we approached the viewing area (380ft) it was now impossible to stand up, and to squeeze 3 people onto the ledge below was jokes,
it was a case of a quick piccy and GTFO

'Walk Of Faith' - The wrongside

faith.jpg

Peoples

grp1.jpg

Once again shouts to Millhouse & Doc-P :thumb

Last edited: