real time web analytics
Information - - Blackpool tunnel s | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Blackpool tunnel s

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Char5bs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sooooo I found a door way to a tunnel in Blackpool it’s been confirmed by workmen to deffo be a tunnel but has apparently got lots of rubbish in it this area was only dug out this week to begin foundations for a new build they filled it back in over the door way until I asked a worker about it who was as interested as me ... so it’s clear again for now

670E2320-99AA-45C8-85E7-CF50E3CD6D7C.jpeg

CB7F2C77-2FEF-4D98-85C3-F7A5D8A592D0.jpeg

5A3C2C3C-382E-4D5E-AE9A-0BD66D2040DC.jpeg

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
Well, get in there whilst it's open. And do it quickly, since time probably isn't on your side in this situation. That's the only advice I have.
You could either try asking permission to go in (especially since you say they're interested in it themselves) or you go in when nobody is there.

bjorn88

28DL Member
28DL Member
char5bs msged you mate in Blackpool for a few more nights if you want to meet up and go in r lass is a photographer got some basic gear with us that we take on most of our finds (still need to sort photos out and start posting on here)

Char5bs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
char5bs msged you mate in Blackpool for a few more nights if you want to meet up and go in r lass is a photographer got some basic gear with us that we take on most of our finds (still need to sort photos out and start posting on here)
Sorry I didn’t see your message quick enough I’ve been working all the time ☹️ But I have found out loads more info and that there are defo more tunnels that are due to be uncovered within the next weeks

Pander1985

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Couldn’t get close enough for photos

I live in sunny (some times sunny) Blackpool also, I have seen some gems uncovered with the work being done lately

Anyone else not notice the underground toilets on talbot square being uncovered/filled in?

I could do a report with photos and info I’ve got if anyone would want to read?

Photo attached is a sample

324E0083-82BB-405F-903A-8C77DA795C85.jpeg

nikkisixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Unfortunately what the OP thought were tunnels beneath the old Yates site were just part of the cellars from before the buidling was destroyed by fire some years ago. Debate still rages on though regarding the existence (or not) of tunnels beneath the Winter Gardens that connect to various other points in town, same with the Town Hall and the old Post Office too.
Apparently there were various "facilities" and spaces created and used during WW2 for various reasons around town, some were put to other uses after the war, others were just boarded up/buried/sealed off and forgotten about according to some of the older folks who remember these things. If nayone has any more info though I'd be very interested

nikkisixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember that subway when it was in use and those stinking toilets too, I could never understand why the subway was blocked off as it provided a nice safe crossing of the prom for pedestrians who have to run the gauntlet at times now

Pander1985

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's an old subway with public toilets under the road by the centre pier. No easy access into it though.

IMAG3806.jpg

IMAG3781.jpg

IMAG3735.jpg

IMAG3770.jpg

IMAG3795.jpg
Love these photos thanks for the upload, once a year they go down and survey them, last April I think I last saw them go down I wanted to ask if anyone could get photos but I was running late - access is via ladder under the metal grids by Madame Tussaud’s

As for the ones by south pier...

Who has read this thread (Total: 766) View details