Web
Analytics
Report - - Blenheim Care Home | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blenheim Care Home

TheMaskedExplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
1st September 2019
We explored Blenheim care home today which has been abandoned since November 2018.
‘’ Inadequate Care home where ‘stench of urine filled room’ closes down’’

Above is the headline of the local newspapers report as to why this care home was put into special measures then promptly shut down. One of our explorers described this place like ‘a zombie apocalypse’ in the sense that it looked as though people had packed up and left in extreme hurry as furniture/equipment/beds/medical equipment/personal items and even photographs of ex residents still remain.
Unfortunately as with most abandoned places the wrong people have been inside and trashed quite a few areas of the building ☹. Luckily with it not being abandoned that long there is quite a lot that remains fairly untouched and preserved.
There is another building called Blenheim lodge which is also abandoned next to here but we didn’t get chance to explore that. But a third building which was the old sergeants mast we were allowed to access with the owners under the condition there would be no photos taken. That building was very old and decayed and extremely spooky. In one wing we all heard footsteps coming up a staircase which we were stood at the top of at the time !
This place was an amazing find and we will definitely be going back!

Crissisdecon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ohh looks like more rooms have been opened... they were all locked when I went but I had seen someone had found all the keys.
did you also go to the other part across the road?

TheMaskedExplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ohh looks like more rooms have been opened... they were all locked when I went but I had seen someone had found all the keys.
did you also go to the other part across the road?
We saw that there was another across the road but there were people about so we didn’t get the chance to go unfortunately