real time web analytics
Report - - Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire - September 2017 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire - September 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Explore
This is one of them places I've been meaning to go and see for so long, always been fascinated by WW2 history and stuff like that. The plan originally was to have a look at the museums as well but some local explores changed that plan. Took us a while to find a way in as all the old ways had been sealed and with only a few sides of the building away from the prying eyes of the museum goers it was a risky one getting inside..

Was good to see all the bits and bobs left behind and the replica of the "bombe" was nice to see, believe it was used in the film "The imitation game".. sadly we couldn't get too far up some of the corridors as seems the museum are using a bit more of the disused bit now and there was a few guys up there we had to avoid.

The History
Bletchley Park was the central site for British (and subsequently, Allied) codebreakers during World War II. It housed the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS), which regularly penetrated the secret communications of the Axis Powers – most importantly the German Enigma and Lorenz ciphers. According to the official historian of British Intelligence, the "Ultra" intelligence produced at Bletchley shortened the war by two to four years, and that without it the outcome of the war would have been uncertain.

26966496269_8ed07f66c9_k.jpg

26966495079_1f54f3c73c_k.jpg

38025788344_8a30de096c_k.jpg

38025787404_0f939ac1f9_k.jpg

38025785684_ed8f71ecfb_k.jpg

26966492479_049fe7135f_k.jpg

38025784444_ee3eda0a5f_k.jpg

26966491209_870aad5c8e_k.jpg

26966490389_99b3c7db50_k.jpg

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Perfect illustration of the reality of museums this place, people think they are so great at preserving stuff but they leave as much stuff to rot as anyone else. Should donate things to me insted..

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Despite being relatively local to me it's one I've never managed to get around to seeing, although maybe I left it too late now. Not sure how far the redevelopment has progressed...

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Despite being relatively local to me it's one I've never managed to get around to seeing, although maybe I left it too late now. Not sure how far the redevelopment has progressed...

There is still a fairly sizeable bit of the abandoned part left but to be honest 80% of it is empty at the moment... they seemed to be doing something in part of it when I was there as well but not sure what, just noticed some guys at the end of the main corridor from the museum.. Could have been storing more stuff in there actually so could be worth a look :)