real time web analytics
Report - - Bletchley Park G-Block & Boiler House / October 2013 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bletchley Park G-Block & Boiler House / October 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The devil child

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After an epic fail at work me and a work mate checked this place out as it was on our way home. I knew a bit about this place as i worked on the new flats on the site and had been a few times before but never took any pics so armed with my Galaxy S4 i snapped a few shots :D heres a bit of history from the infamous wikipedia :)
Bletchley Park is an estate located in the town of Bletchley, in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England, and is run by the Bletchley Park Trust as a heritage attraction. New attractions are becoming available regularly. Up to date details can be found on the Bletchley Park website. Now underway is an £8m, Heritage Lottery Funded restoration programme, which will come to fruition in time for the 70th anniversary of D-Day.
During the Second World War, Bletchley Park was the site of the United Kingdom's main decryption establishment, the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS), where ciphers and codes of several Axis countries were decrypted, most importantly the ciphers generated by the German Enigma and Lorenz machines. The place was known as "B.P." to the people who worked there.[1][2] For the many members of the Women's Royal Naval Service (Wrens) who worked at Bletchley Park, their posting was to HMS Pembroke V.
Bletchley Park also housed a secret radio intercept station, and also a message sending station, although interception was soon moved to a location with better reception, and most of the "Bombes" were relocated elsewhere. "Station X", "London Signals Intelligence Centre", and "Government Communications Headquarters" were all cover names that were used during the war, and the latter (GCHQ) was adopted for the successor peacetime organisation that still bears this name.[3]
The high-level intelligence produced at Bletchley Park, codenamed Ultra, provided crucial assistance to the Allied war effort. Sir Harry Hinsley, a Bletchley veteran and the official historian of British Intelligence during the Second World War, said that Ultra shortened the war by two to four years and that the outcome of the war would have been uncertain without it.[4]
The site is now controlled by the Bletchley Park Trust. One of its tenants is a company called the Bletchley Park Science and Innovation Centre (BPSIC), which provides rental income for the Trust by providing office space and services to innovative, early stage companies.[5][6] The BPSIC refurbished some of the historic structures and occupies part of the former code-breaker buildings.[7] The National Museum of Computing, an independent voluntary organisation, rents space from the Trust to house its collection of historic computers. The museum is run by the Codes and Ciphers Heritage Trust (an independent registered charity) and is open to the public. It receives no Government or regional funding.
Since 1967, Bletchley has been part of the town, and subsequently borough, of Milton Keynes.

20131025_142000.gif

View attachment 566317

View attachment 566319

View attachment 566321

View attachment 566323

View attachment 566325

View attachment 566326

View attachment 566329

View attachment 566331

View attachment 566333

View attachment 566335

View attachment 566337

View attachment 566340

View attachment 566342

View attachment 566345

View attachment 566347

View attachment 566349

View attachment 566351

View attachment 566353

And now to the boiler house which was an ace find all in tact and iv not seen pics of online yet :D

View attachment 566355

View attachment 566357

View attachment 566359

View attachment 566361

View attachment 566363

View attachment 566365

View attachment 566367

My favorite pic of the day IN CASE OF FIRE STRIKE KNOB :D
View attachment 566368

Thanks for looking :thumb

Last edited:

Kal-El

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
28DL Full Member
still got the pics they need rehosting :/