real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Blue Dinas Metal Mine February 2016 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Blue Dinas Metal Mine February 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D4RK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Blue Dinas Metal Mine
February 2016

History is scarce on this mine, so I am gonna leave it out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mine was sealed in 2010 by the landowner, but we contacted the landowner and got permission for a visit to the mine, although he said he doesn't usually allow people to go in, as it requires kinda breaking & entering lol.

Anyway we was allowed in. (Pictures are taken, inside the mine first, working our way back out.)

11qqwbp.jpg

Blue mineralisation on the mine walls.

3359wxu.jpg

Kneeling in a little alcove.

2s17t3q.jpg

Random Roadway pic.

aadk40.jpg

Looking over a back fill.

2csfm04.jpg

Oldham Lead Acid selfie!

2hqc5e8.jpg

3 way junction.

24b84k4.jpg

Flooded pillar and stall workings.

120ksjm.jpg

Drainage Canal

15f26mc.jpg

Another pic of the pillar and stalls.

v33wiu.jpg

Looking into a roadway.

212x346.jpg

End of the line.

32zmd20.jpg

Could've staid in there forever... maybe not.

Thanks for looking guys, hope you enjoyed.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
I like the look of this. It's a shame your photos lack colour though. I think the black and white thing works for buildings, but maybe not mines; where we want to see the colours and things that make the mine unique.

D4RK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
WildBoyz, the reason there is no colour is because, there was bad lighting, so I made them black and white and upped the contrast slightly.

Thanks,
- D4RK

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
WildBoyz, the reason there is no colour is because, there was bad lighting, so I made them black and white and upped the contrast slightly.

Thanks,
- D4RK

Fair enough, I can see why you did that. Just a friendly observation. Each to our own :thumb

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mine was sealed in 2010 by the landowner, but we contacted the landowner and got permission for a visit to the mine, although he said he doesn't usually allow people to go in, as it requires kinda breaking & entering lol.

Decent photos mate, I know that the landowner was looking to sell the mineral rights to the upper mine and control access but I seem to remember just walking into this lower one, no gates or anything, is it the mine with the entrance opposite the bridge?

D4RK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Decent photos mate, I know that the landowner was looking to sell the mineral rights to the upper mine and control access but I seem to remember just walking into this lower one, no gates or anything, is it the mine with the entrance opposite the bridge?

The Kwan, I know it's a late-ass reply but still, it's the one on the right of the footpath, from where this mine is it's quite a while before you get to the Upper & Lower Silica Mine, which yes, you can just walk into. This one has fencing on it, which with permission we were allowed to dislodge, as long as we put it back to how it was.

Regards,
- D4RK