Web
Analytics
Report - - Blue Hall, Shropshire - Nov 2020 | Residential Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blue Hall, Shropshire - Nov 2020

inger27

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, I believe that's from the British History site?

Other than the mention of it as an isolated cottage, I'm struggling to find much more information.

All I've found since is a photo of a postcard from a reader of a postcode collectors magazine, saying it was sent by their mother to their grandmother who lived at Blue Hall, Shropshire (their description/location details are correct too).

Scoobysrt

Stay in, save lives.
Regular User
I'm trying to pin down geography before I find any history - not easy. I've found this picture -

May I ask you to look at the 1953 calendar picture that I am attaching to see if my guess of it being Blue Hall's location might be correct?

Someone has marked an 'X' above the big tree (hmm... actually, it looks like a big bird or airplane). The same someone has written 'Home' / Blue Hall

It's a view of Brown Clee from Holdgate. Well that is what it says below the picture. If that sounds correct then I'll go and look at some maps

View attachment 884741
You need to be clear this is copied from a website, you didn't put the x there nor write the text, its a copy from here https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=51002.0
It came across as it was your work so just thought I would clarify, it was where I got the list of place names from that I posted which presumedly put you on the same path.

Using the info there you can be lead to the British history site and find out a lot more details which will lead you to another site where blue halls history is finally revealed.

I left it at my last post as I felt guilty outing it against the op's wishes and because I feel others like yourselves were having fun tracing it. The info is out there ;) (but its not as exciting as the hunt).

inger27

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Using the info there you can be lead to the British history site and find out a lot more details which will lead you to another site where blue halls history is finally revealed.
Ooh what history did you find? I must have missed any links from the british history site?

I left it at my last post as I felt guilty outing it against the op's wishes and because I feel others like yourselves were having fun tracing it.
I've no issues with the location being known - IMO it was easy enough to find from the thread title lol.

inger27

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I didn't find it that easy and I know others didn't. Blue Hall, shropshire is very alluding imho lol
True. Thinking about it, I already know the location so I guess it seemed easy to me that although searching for title does put you on the right track, if you don't know the location it is probably a little harder to see if the results you get are for the correct place.

When you say the history is revealed do you mean you found some more history on the place or more that the location is found? I've not managed to find any build dates, etc, or where the name came from!

Scoobysrt

Stay in, save lives.
Regular User
Sorry, location. It does mention costs and who built it for who and when but I didn't copy it down, I only wanted to find where it was.

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You need to be clear this is copied from a website, you didn't put the x there nor write the text, its a copy from here https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=51002.0
It came across as it was your work so just thought I would clarify, it was where I got the list of place names from that I posted which presumedly put you on the same path.

I left it at my last post as I felt guilty outing it against the op's wishes and because I feel others like yourselves were having fun tracing it. The info is out there ;) (but its not as exciting as the hunt).
Most of the information I submit in threads include links to websites. I did say originally that someone had marked a cross on the picture. It was never my intention to take credit for marking the cross, and anyway I would not mark a building in the sky. I've edited the text to confirm your observations. I didn't get to the picture from the list of places you submitted earlier, just to clarify that point as well.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
So cool, so its believed this little cottage was built circ; 1672? thats amazing. Ive one just like it 10 mins from me. Some community are trying to save it. Though it is classed as dangerous. But its in the middle of a farm just like this one.