Web
Analytics
Report - - Bodens Ride House - Ascot - April 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bodens Ride House - Ascot - April 2019

Andrew32

Addicted to bad camera framing
28DL Full Member
Not a half bad explore, with a horrible front, great looking rear and insides drenched in mould and water.

History
Having still not found any historical evidence of this house aside from some sales listing photos in 2013 showing the house in amazing condition, there really isn't anything else to know. Many photos are scattered throughout the building depicting children and women on holiday, plus a few inside the house as you will see. House appeared to go for sale in 2013 perhaps with no buyer or the usual person looking for the land, but with no permission granted the house was left to crumble with no other choice.

264464_493541810712410_2050026805_n.jpg

Photo was taken 2012/13

Explore
Parking in the local golf course was fun, waiting to drive in and out behind someone through the gate. The house itself was just a short walk, with multiple gaps in the fencing, and some very obvious entry points into the house itself.
Heavy rain was on all day, so my camera went a bit haywire. That and random settings in magiclantern ruined a lot of the autofocus
Visited with my sister, introducing her to the hobby.

IMG_5017.JPG

IMG_4908.JPG

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

The corner of this room has an awful water leak like many other rooms, with the ceiling buckling in many places
IMG_4923.JPG

IMG_4925.JPG

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4940.JPG

IMG_4946.JPG

Some rooms like this one are still holding up, but surrounded by rooms of rot
IMG_4951.JPG

Obligatory weird bathroom design
IMG_4947.JPG

This is something i really liked, i've never found any photos of owners inside a derelict building. If it wasn't for the stair colour i probably wouldn't have noticed
IMG_4962.JPG

IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4975.JPG

I saw this on the way out, as far as i can tell no-one else has spotted it, well worth a peek as theres a lot of stuff to see, with the caravan full of more photos
IMG_4989.JPG

This shed was full of stuff, being mostly garden equipment and tools. One of the engine machines appeared to almost fire up too
IMG_4991.JPG

IMG_4997.JPG

Yet more photos found as slides, these two in particular could be from the house, but i cant quite tell
IMG_5001.JPG

IMG_5010.JPG

All 122 Photos from this explore can be seen here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BqPBU5FScZ5G_eAII_R4RzveN6XrfTtm?usp=sharing

Last edited:

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
cool place this and a nice walk too. Didn't see some of the outbuildings when we went, were to pre-occupied with the boat haha.

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
cool place this and a nice walk too. Didn't see some of the outbuildings when we went, were to pre-occupied with the boat haha.
Quite the trek through the rain to it, Sheds were far more interesting but a really nice place

The Explorer Returns

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Holy shit that’s gone down hill, I was only here like last month, more trashed, more mould and decay, awesome photos ! Shame every nice place gets trashed eventually

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Holy shit that’s gone down hill, I was only here like last month, more trashed, more mould and decay, awesome photos ! Shame every nice place gets trashed eventually
Yeah figured there's no point calling it ride manor any more, what's the point

Rachyt

Beauty isn’t always perfection
28DL Full Member
We also saw the outbuildings and caravan, have pics I took there, had a nose through the sheds found a vhs copy of black beauty which I posted on my report, was an interesting explore

TC08

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Doing a small google search and companies house search I think there is a story to be found regarding how the place came to be abandoned or empty. Once I’ve pieced it all together I’ll be back!

ShirleyC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place must have been worth a fortune yet it was left to decay like this, such a shame

Exploring with weed

28DL Member
28DL Member
Bodens ride was one of my favourite explores. This house told a story about the people who lived here. And from what I can piece together the owner was a man named Paul franz herzberg who is still alive. I would say they lived here from the mid 80s up to the early 2010s though I may be wrong on the dates. He had a wife and children. Through research I believe his wife is named Angela who is also alive and living local to bodens ride, but again this information may be inaccurate. I think he wanted to sell the property but at the time, new lavish homes were going up on the estate and bodens ride was falling behind with the much bigger new homes in the area. I guess he knew that the land that the house sits on is worth a fortune. I also believe that bodens ride house was the first house on the road.

Chalkie31

Urbex Addict
28DL Full Member
Did anyone see the bit of paper which detailed she shares he owned, sold and the ones he had left still after? Guy was not short of money. Had a safe bigger than my fridge ffs!! :eek:

Neurox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bodens ride was one of my favourite explores. This house told a story about the people who lived here. And from what I can piece together the owner was a man named Paul franz herzberg who is still alive. I would say they lived here from the mid 80s up to the early 2010s though I may be wrong on the dates. He had a wife and children. Through research I believe his wife is named Angela who is also alive and living local to bodens ride, but again this information may be inaccurate. I think he wanted to sell the property but at the time, new lavish homes were going up on the estate and bodens ride was falling behind with the much bigger new homes in the area. I guess he knew that the land that the house sits on is worth a fortune. I also believe that bodens ride house was the first house on the road.
He was also involved in a big legal case which could explain why the house is a bit knackered:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Investments_(UK)_Ltd_v_Versailles_Trade_Finance_Ltd

Crazy how much paperwork is left there...

Exploring with weed

28DL Member
28DL Member
@Neurox thanks that was an interesting read. It's very coincidental that the house went on the market around the time the court case ended. What I find Strange is that he still has active companies registered to bodens ride. So he must still own the property! But if he committed fraud on that scale the courts would have taken his properties. So many questions. I think only the man himself could elaborate.