real time web analytics
Report - - Bold Street Fabric Mill - Blackburn - Jan 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bold Street Fabric Mill - Blackburn - Jan 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jtza

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bold Street Fabric Mill

Had this one pinned thanks to @UrbandonedTeam for a few months with the hopes it it resembling parts of other small inconspicuous mills nestled into residential areas and somehow being unnoticed and therefore untouched, full of dated machinery and the likes of. The inside wasn't exactly that unfortunately but it did hold some nice bits I thought I'd share. The interesting thing with this place is that no matter where I look I can't seem to find any official name or history for it. Recently, the burnt out Apex Mills down the road was demolished and the council published planning permission paperwork including a drawing of the surrounding area. The unit we explored was labelled "Warehouse" so our guess is that it was related to Apex Mills but there doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence to suggest that. If anyone can pinpoint any information about this place it would be great and I can update the thread accordingly. It is debateable whether this deserves a thread but here we are...

There was initial excitement over the covered rolls of fabrics that appeared like machinery from a far but we were mistaken, the small cramped unit was heavily decaying and still had an abundance of clothing hung up and the odd old sowing machine in situ. Other than that it was pretty fecked.

DSC08010.jpg

DSC08011.jpg

Boiler

DSC08012.jpg

Clothing still hanging on their rails

DSC08014.jpg

DSC08016.jpg

DSC08017.jpg

DSC03676.jpg

Textile machinery

DSC08018.jpg

A view of the space from the opposite end of the room

DSC08021.jpg

The entrance level was in a seriously bad way and had little to show apart from what would have been a rather nice wood panelled lobby and most likely offices.

DSC08019.jpg

DSC08020.jpg

And there you have it. Short but sweet.

Thanks for reading!​

tigger

mog
Regular User
Site of Limbrick Mill, which predates Apex. by a few years.
Maybe a search for Brindle & Thompson, Cotton Spinners will yield some info

Who has read this thread (Total: 146) View details