Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Bold Street, Liverpool | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Bold Street, Liverpool

pickle1984

28DL Resident Pickle
28DL Full Member
Right before anyone says anything i know this is probably some one making this up, but i came across this report on the internet about a roadway underneath Bold Street in Liverpool City Centre. Here is the report:

Bit of a weird one for you!

Sometime last year, maybe the year before, I was out shopping with the Missus.

We were on Bold Street, on the right as you look up to St Lukes. I'm guessing she was either in the Halifax, or a shop called 'The Works'.

So, that probably places me outside one of those. On the pavement, there are a couple of rows of 'glass tiles???', don't know if thats the right word. Just look like opaque glass cobbles.

Anyways, one of these cobbles is missing, and I looks down at it. Amazingly, you could see straight through to what I can only describe as another street. It was like the whole roadway of Bold St was suspended 20-25 foot in the air above his street. It had a proper tarmacced road, and it looked like empty cardboard boxes waiting for collections.

It made it appear like the ground floors of buildings, were really the 2nd floors.

I hadn't been drinking, and I haven't smoked the Waccy Baccy for a good few years now.

I saw what I saw.

Googling it throws up nothing, So.....

Can anybody shed any light on this for me?

Cheers, Mugsy.
from: http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-49395.html?

One person on that forum raises the possability it could have something to do with the train station near by.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
OK - so here's the cunning plan.

We find someone off here that lives within 5 miles* of Bold Street and get them to check it out :thumb

*(for anyone that is struggling to visualise 5 miles - it's about the distance from Bold Street to, oh, er, lets say, urm - oh yes Rock Ferry in the Wirral :p)

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
But seriously mate - these stories are common, some of them turn out to be true - the best way really is to grab your torch, a choccy bar and a camera - and go explore!

pickle1984

28DL Resident Pickle
28DL Full Member
OK - so here's the cunning plan.

We find someone off here that lives within 5 miles* of Bold Street and get them to check it out :thumb

*(for anyone that is struggling to visualise 5 miles - it's about the distance from Bold Street to, oh, er, lets say, urm - oh yes Rock Ferry in the Wirral :p)
:p

i will have e look next time i am over there, and let you know what i see.

Its probably made up but could be interesting if true lol

keffa

Bringer of free Cylumes
28DL Full Member
There are many tunnels underneath the Bold street area, they run under the shop complex that houses Liverpool central. Few, if any, have anything to do with the station itself, they are mostly connected to the shopping complex.

You will likely have more success looking along Back Bold Street.

They aren't really underground tunnel areas as such, more like basements.

Somewhere around there is a road that descends under the complex but I can't remember where.

SparkUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are quite a few deep cellars in that area and buildings with double level cellars, there's a few tunnel rumours in the Bold Street area though.

pickle1984

28DL Resident Pickle
28DL Full Member
The Northern Line runs underneath at the top of Bold Street. Some of it is high sided where they have drilled through the rock. Maybe you saw that?
Just to clarify that it wasn't me who seen this, i found this report on another forum. Just in case people think i have seen it with my eyes

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
i read this on the liverpool forum and was wondering myself about it but never checked it out

beautifulfreak

28DL Member
28DL Member
There is actually a glass section near the hilton at Liverpool one which shows you underground its to do with the docks am not 100% the story (i should i visit alot) but there's definitely something under the city but i doubt its a full street. We should investigate :D

sim2lew

Likes a good derp
28DL Full Member
I had a look a few weeks back, couldn't find anything interesting on bold street. The only missing sections went to a very small basement outside waterstone's.

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I've walked the length of bold stree a few times and I couldn't see anything but I have heard whispers about this before.
Once you have been on here for a while you will soon come to realise a few basic facts:

1) EVERY UK city apparently has a network of underground tunnels, or underground streets.

2) Lots of people know someone that knows someone that went down them once.

3) Despite this these networks invariably somehow, mysteriously, never actually get visited, photographed, or documented.

Here's someone elses take on the same topic (taken from another thread on another supposed underground network - that was deleted only yesterday)

reckon there's a rumour like this about every town in the country, and they just get perpetuated through time.

"There's a tunnel that links the castle with the church with the Red Lion and the Black Bull"

"Why would there be a tunnel to the pub?"

"Well, it's for the priests/monks/nobility innit - they used to hold meetings in the Red Lion during the Civil War/Dissolution/Miners Strike - you can see the bricked up entrance in the cellar of the Red Lion"

No doubt there are tunnels under many towns, but not half as many as there are rumours. Bricked up entrances in pub cellars are probably where the cellar was collapsing (many under a roadway) so they've infilled.

Happy hunting, don't expect to find too much but be sure to come back with a report if you do

skgogosfan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
^True,that. Funniest one I heard was the miniature town found when excavating the Queensway Tunnel under the Mersey. Obviously no trace now,what the pixies thought is unrecorded.

There is actually a glass section near the hilton at Liverpool one which shows you underground its to do with the docks am not 100% the story (i should i visit alot) but there's definitely something under the city but i doubt its a full street. We should investigate :D
That's the first enclosed dock in the world,and probably the most important thing to happen to Liverpool. Tours every Tuesday from the Maritime Museum. [yes,it's open to the public!]

Dave.