real time web analytics
Report - - Boleyn Ground (Upton Park) December 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Boleyn Ground (Upton Park) December 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DRZ_Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The site was adopted by West Ham as their home ground in 1904 and was used up until the last match was played on the 10th of May 2016. The site was also temporarily used by Charleston Athletic during the 1990`s due to financial issues. At the time of closing the stadium could hold a maximum of 35,016 people in 4 different banks of seats. The 4 banks were known as the: The Sir Trevor Brooking Stand, The bobby Moore Stand, The Betway Stand and The East Stand. Onto the current state of the site, The stadium is currently undergoing demolition and there are plans for 838 new homes to be built in its place along with leisure facilities and retail outlets. Shortly after its closing, the stadium was used for the filming of an upcoming movie called Final Score, and on the 27th of September was used for a charity football match before the demolition started.

Now I know this is what you have all been waiting for. It was cold winter's evening and a plan was hatched by @mockney reject to head up and check it out to see what we could do along with @Xploring and a non member. We arrived at the famous green street and started to scout out any possible way in, about 5 mins later a way in was spotted and after a bit of assistance I was in followed by the others after a quick look round to find a way into the stadium itself we inside and found ourselves in the toilets (lovely just where we wanted to be) and then from there it was up into stadium itself dodging security on our way up after gathering a few of the same pic from the same angle we then moved our way inside only to see the lights come through the grandstands. We quickly came to the conclusion that they knew we were in but weren't sure where we were and that it was probably time to make a move. After a few minutes of figuring out a plan we executed the plan and off we went and snuck away into the night only leaving behind a fragment of my trousers (yet again) :(

Onto the pictures. Sorry they are all similar is was a bit hard to get about that night anyway enjoy the few that I do have.

31192547474_cd5f8e1ddd_k.jpg

31994815176_5452cca820_k.jpg

31994829926_99ba65d003_k.jpg

31192575964_bfaf6520a4_k.jpg

31223503383_106b5fd750_k.jpg