real time web analytics
Report - - Bomb Proof Record Rooms, Bristol - July 2020 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bomb Proof Record Rooms, Bristol - July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fxckexplore

We all love a good corridor shot!
28DL Full Member
Bomb Proof Record Rooms
I write this after my recent visit to the quite unknown bomb proof rooms in the Avon gorge, recently the rooms became back open after a long time of being locked up and therefore I thought I’d take a chance at having a look for myself as I’d never seen or even heard of them before.
The explore:
I set myself the challenge of finding the location (which wasn’t too difficult in all fairness) and set off to explore, as we entered we were greeted by a fair amount of spiders and water. The water must have contained what can only be described as every single disease known to man, after a wander through we saw every room and looked at the history of the place, sadly more and more people are finding out about this gem and it’s slowly being ruined with more and more recent graffiti appearing on the walls, I took a few half decent photos of which I’ve attached below, i haven’t written a report in a while and I’m half asleep please don’t slaughter me;)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Surprised its still open tbh. Looks like some boxes are gone sadly. Nice report though :thumb

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can confirm it's still open! I went there last night. There soooo much graffiti inside now. Hasn't been a report on it in 3.5 years though so a lot can happen in that time, I guess.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Can confirm it's still open! I went there last night. There soooo much graffiti inside now. Hasn't been a report on it in 3.5 years though so a lot can happen in that time, I guess.

Yeah someone has needlessly gas axed the gate by the road, even though you could just walk around the side of it.

I did hear some youtube goons had called it a 'cold war' bunker.. 🙄

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hope you were wearing wellies 🤣
Thankfully realised I'd need wellies about 5 seconds after I found the entrance when I went searching for it the day before! That water was putrid and my shoes are more hole than shoe, no fucking way I was stepping in there without them and contracting ten different diseases, haha

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah someone has needlessly gas axed the gate by the road, even though you could just walk around the side of it.

I did hear some youtube goons had called it a 'cold war' bunker.. 🙄
You really think someone would do that? Just... make up lies on a video for social media clout? :turd

At least they've got their own room in there now - apparently not ashamed to be goons.

By the way, saw your write up of the history of this place. Really impressive! You found some cool sources, most of which look like I'd never have found haha.

IMG_20240204_150212.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 150) View details