real time web analytics
Report - - Bookers Building Hull - January 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bookers Building Hull - January 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NathanJ1142

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The bookers building on National Ave in Hull was rather bland, the entirety of the building was empty, albeit a few rooms with items that are completely trashed. Bookers is now placed on St Andrews Quay as an extension to Makro.

We stumbled across this area when we were passing, so were determined to get in to get some photos. "apologies for bad quality had to resize the images".

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 09.05.34.jpg

SCAMP security were monitoring this site, apparently after some kids fell through the roof they've been extra anal about people in the area. Luckily we didn't run into any security.

I couldn't find much on the web, except this statement from the letting company (PPH Commercial) stating the general area/size of the site.
"The site is a former Booker Cash & Carry warehouse that extends to 4.55 acres within a mixed use area of west Hull. All mains services are available to the site. The site is level and surfaced in tarmac/concrete."

The first thing we saw when we walked in was a huge warehouse, nothing really there except a shoddy ramp presumably made by skaters, and the old signage from the Bookers retail store.
DSC_0113-55.jpg

Considering the site was pretty open, there were still cables on the walls and majority of the construction was intact.

DSC_0123-55.jpg

There was a ladder upto this little area, presume a storage area, with a chute going down to the tobacco stores.

DSC_0006-55.jpg

The view:

DSC_0007-55.jpg

Here are some more shots of the main warehouse:
DSC_0068-55.jpg

DSC_0097-55.jpg
DSC_0029-55.jpg

We found the fresh meat area, with the fridges. Was a weird fresh smell in that area, and you can see the reference numbers and the meat hangers in the fridge.
DSC_0107-55.jpg
DSC_0109-55.jpg

To be fair, there wasn't much more except rooms and loading areas, so i'll just dump some more stuff here. If you want higher resolution pics please feel free to message me and ill share a google drive link :)

DSC_0104-55.jpg
DSC_0086-55.jpg
DSC_0018-55.jpg

DSC_0027-55.jpg
DSC_0023-55.jpg
DSC_0120-55.jpg
DSC_0043-55.jpg

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
never understood what bookers is about, only allowing business owners as customers

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Both my parents worked here until it's closure, started way back when it used to be called Nurdin & Peacock. Spent many hours here with my brother pissing about with the trollies and getting in trouble lol. Shame there ain't much left in there

Who has read this thread (Total: 239) View details