real time web analytics
Report - - Botanic Gardens Station at night 02/01/09 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Botanic Gardens Station at night 02/01/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

W

wee_feather

Hey folks! This is my first post so bare with me! I did a report earlier but I think I posted it in the wrong section and ignored some of the posting rules! oops! Still learn by your mistakes! :rolleyes:
We're not big on photography (yet) so sorry if the photos arent up to scratch, but we enjoy a good hunt around, seeing things the way they used to be and up for a bit of a thrill while we're at it, which is why we like to explore at night! Gives a bit of a different slant on things too i guess!
Anyway for our very first outing we thought we'd do the Botanics Garden Station! I know it's been done to death but as it was our first urbex and something of an iconic Glasgow tradition we thought what better place to start! Sure it is a bit sparce on what there is to see but it gives a great insight into an old landmark and the site was reasonably accessible for us newbies! It was also pretty scary at night with the noises of running water playing tricks on your mind in the pitch black tunnels!

Ready to Nurbex! (Urbex at night! lol)
urbex1.jpg

Into the darkness!
urbex2.jpg

Meat for the Beast! What an awsome way to begin the journey into darkness!
urbex3.jpg

We need better torches for this! And it took us a while to figure this was our breath! haha
urbex4.jpg

And into the station!
urbex5.jpg

A satanic looking candle holder is never a good sign!
candle.jpg

Some of the local graffiti!
urbex7.jpg

urbex8.jpg

And the scary looking room at the top of the stairs!
urbex9.jpg

urbex10.jpg

Below the stairs, traces of a lost soul perhaps?
urbex11.jpg

And we went on to Kelvinbridge Station!
urbex14.jpg

urbex15.jpg

So that was it, just a short photo tour! We're doing an asylum next week (after buying some better torches) so keep posted for some more night time shots! :thumb