real time web analytics
Report - - Bouncy Castles-R-Us, The O2, London, March 2014 | High Stuff | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bouncy Castles-R-Us, The O2, London, March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The walkway is about 10ft above the actual dome for most of the way so getting down on to it would be a one way trip. If the surface wasn't so slippy now with whatever it was on there, it would definitely be doable & we'd have shots from one of them as they're laddered & we were planning on just running up the dome anyway. It's one for a load of ropework as you really don't want to slide uncontrollably off this thing but it would definitely be worth it.

Good luck to anyone who goes here & I hope you have as much of a laugh as we did :thumb

awesome! is it not possible to drop down onto the roof and climb one of the yellow towers?

Used to be totally possible...

IMG_4750.jpg

10ft? Fibrelight ladder on an MGO? I'll lend you one.

You could do the roof with just a harness and a twin lanyard (Petzl Joko Y etc) with suitable ends.

gadgeturbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I did this a couple of weeks back, but as paying customers with the Dorris! Hats off to you two, I can imagine how fun this was!!!

Seffy

Staff member
Pahaha, love it guys! Great read, and agree with pretty much all of it good sir. Carry on, expect to see more awesomeness coming our way soon :)

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
I'm not borrowing your ladder :p:

It's the slippy shite on the dome that stopped play mate. You'd need a safety all the way to the pole from wherever you drop on to the dome. Honestly, do not try this without being kitted up properly. I had a bootfull of stuff that I could've rigged for it & we're both capable ropelists. I wish I'd brought it along, but then hindsight is a mega thing.

Maybe it will happen...

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
There's only one broken rung!

From what I recall of the roof, yes it was slippy, but there were grippy walkways accompanied by what I can only describe as via ferrata type cabling, interlinking up, down, and across the whole roof.

Not like that any more?

I'm not borrowing your ladder :p:

It's the slippy shite on the dome that stopped play mate. You'd need a safety all the way to the pole from wherever you drop on to the dome. Honestly, do not try this without being kitted up properly. I had a bootfull of stuff that I could've rigged for it & we're both capable ropelists. I wish I'd brought it along, but then hindsight is a mega thing.

Maybe it will happen...

Clough

L.L.S
28DL Full Member
The Leeds Arena roof is the same. All bouncy feels like your foot could go through it. Laughs all the way bollocks to do a site, seriously. I feel soory for all the fuckers doing sites in camo posing for pics like there in the IRA

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
There's only one broken rung!

From what I recall of the roof, yes it was slippy, but there were grippy walkways accompanied by what I can only describe as via ferrata type cabling, interlinking up, down, and across the whole roof.

Not like that any more?

Hehe ;)

Couldn't see any walkways & the only cabling was for holding the dome in shape. They were adding extra lights to the poles when you guys did it from what I can gather so that could be why there was all that stuff up there? Either way it wasn't happening on this trip & for safety's sake I wouldn't recommend anyone try it without proper gear. As I also say, it may well happen soon...

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
The Leeds Arena roof is the same. All bouncy feels like your foot could go through it.

MEN Arena is the same by all accounts. Must be an Arena thing. Sorry, did I say MEN... now the Phones4U Arena :turd

Keitei

Tomb Raider
28DL Full Member
Right so we went back and climb one of the spikes, happened to be the foggiest night ever, it rolled in exactly as we hopped the fence.

After the main lights and then the secondary lights went out it was practically fogged out :p:
Couldn't see a thing and decided to go for the spikes near the main entrance as they were the only ones where you could see
anything...

13133304163_337de08e5d_c.jpg

13127446673_9a69b11b0e_c.jpg

13133243503_6670c84770_c.jpg

13133261003_7e05e060c1_c.jpg

13133310903_9892cb93ac_c.jpg

13133274323_30bcf3b9da_c.jpg

13133299103_53cf566e73_c.jpg

13133234533_94fa478e81_c.jpg

13133293423_953d298697_c.jpg

13133147185_ffc874b879_c.jpg

Here's the video of the slidez, this time it was 3x as fast due to the condensation - a tad stupid and bait as 1min later we would have been seen :crazy
but not gonna lie - twas worth it :cool

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Hahaha f00king awesome night & the fog just made it really. Who needs crisp shots of anywhere, we went up knowing our pics would be a bit dire & had a blast roping around.

Amazing shots, as always & a proper adventure over le dome. Top video too of the suicide slide haha :D Sooooo much faster this time round :D

The weather tried its best, but fuck you Millennium Dome, we won :D

HG2Y2997.jpg

HG2Y3004.jpg