real time web analytics
Report - - Bowhill the last explore of Hellingly Hospital jan 15 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bowhill the last explore of Hellingly Hospital jan 15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
The last building on the Hellingly hospital estate to my knowledge that is un-explored, a chance drive by with my daughter and a quick snoop around and we were in, something id not managed to do since its closer in 2006.

We had a nervy look around until we found a room full of files and records, from then on we spent the next hour reading through some of them, which was great as in all the times i visited the main hospital we never came across documents like we found in Bowhill.

History
The site comprises a substantial mainly two storey office building set towards the rear of attractive and slightly undulating grounds. Towards the front of the site there is accommodation currently let as a childcare nursery, and to the east there is a vacant bungalow most recently used as offices until 2006. The main building was previously used as administrative offices in connection with the former nearby Hellingly Hospital which has since largely been extensively redeveloped as housing. Healthcare uses continue further along The Drive. Total site area is approximately 5.67 acres (2.29 hectares). The position of the north-eastern boundary line to the rear of the bungalow is indicative only and subject to confirmation by the vendor.

Apologies for some bad pics was on a old camera

bowhill084_zpsc432ad67.gif

View attachment 622441

View attachment 622442

View attachment 622443

View attachment 622444

View attachment 622445

View attachment 622446

Hospital flooring, made me happy :thumb
View attachment 622447

View attachment 622448

View attachment 622449

View attachment 622450

View attachment 622451

View attachment 622452

View attachment 622453

View attachment 622454

View attachment 622455

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
Wow good work.

Was the power still on? Looks like some of the lights are on.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
good stuff mate,once the main buildings go some people just wander off to the next big explore as it where,there is often stuff like this that just gets missed :thumb

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Nice work. I seem to recall there was anyother villa slightly further down The Drive (before the main hospital) that the demolition also missed. Do you know if that's still there?

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Cheers, wevs yeah these buildings are easily overlooked, been guilty of that myself.
Clebby it's still there mate, I guess it was no good to the developers being on the other side of the road.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Nice work mate. That's good actually. I think most of us were under the impression that there was nothing left here, and then all the paperwork turns up !

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Sweet. Wasn't expecting to see the word 'Hellingly' in my feed anytime soon!

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Cheers, could of spent ages reading through all the paper work, would of posted more but some of it is a bit close to the mark,with deaths on wards & names etc...

the126

Reckless & irresponsible
28DL Full Member
Nice one mate:thumb
Some nice features still there by the looks of it. Do you know what became of the chapel?

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Yeah Still as it was mate, guess they got no plans for that either,this place used to be called Daeborough House and was the superintentends house.