real time web analytics
Report - - Bowling beck, (Academy) Bradford, April 2019 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bowling beck, (Academy) Bradford, April 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Bradford must get some serious storm flow. In that Hong kong report on the international sites, the outfall had a big tumbling steps feature, just before the outfall. I assume these steps act as a baffle in drains?

no idea,
but Bradford does'nt get the floods that Hong Kong does.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
True, just more your steady depressing northern drizzle? It would seem that there is a lot of industrial and sewage runoff in those brooks though? Am I right?

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did read there was actually warning signs to stay away from the watercourse. Thanks for letting me know, sounds grim, but can't really say the croal in Bolton is any better.

Rob2CV

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great to see these pictures of a problematic part of the Bradford Beck system. The whole of Bradford Beck below the city centre was wiped out due to massive sewage contamination last August. It took Yorkshire Water ages to find the problem.

I don't understand when Stanton says that "the beck discharges here & now becomes a combined sewer..." Does this mean that the beck discharges into the combined sewer and that was the route that was explored, following the combined sewer and leaving the watercourse behind?

Rob2CV

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That is disgusting. Was it found to be from a food processing plant, or a faulty CSO?
I'm assuming that as there was plenty of sewage litter it was a faulty CSO. Sadly, still waiting to find out the official story...

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for letting me know. Seems yorkshire water are just as bad as united utilities in these matters. Croal in Bolton smells even worse (if possible) and near one bridge, toilet tissue and grey water from an old pipe.

Who has read this thread (Total: 343) View details