real time web analytics
Report - - Bowman's Flour Mill - Eggborough (March 2019) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bowman's Flour Mill - Eggborough (March 2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jaws

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with @ShutterBug and @JXM3ST. We were inspired to go here after seeing reports from @The Amateur Wanderer and @AndyK seeing as it is only just up the road from us, though we were sorely disappointed to find that Hudson Ward Mill in Goole had been reduced to a pile of rubble. Unfortunately looking back at their reports it seems I did not have my lighting right at all, but I rarely bother to take a tripod round anywhere. I did manage to get a few decent photos of the lab area which will follow in due course...

History

Bowman's Flour Mill, or Whitley Bridge Mill was (unsurprisingly) a flour mill that was originally built in the 1870s. Operated by Bowman Ingredients for most of its life, ownership of the mill was passed to Whitworth Bros Ltd shortly before its closure following Bowman Ingredients' move away from flour milling. It was planned that production would cease entirely in 2016, and since then it has laid empty. When we visited, most of the remaining plant equipment was tagged for auction and a significant amount had already been removed, with large holes left in the floor all over.

Photos

49375459971_4a4e6caef5_b.jpg

49375665997_a77b472f73_b.jpg

49375460381_423d4fe638_b.jpg

49375461466_223d72f435_b.jpg

49375009643_ccfb5723b2_b.jpg

49375667642_2b0129e891_b.jpg

49375667932_07e3fa648d_b.jpg

49375010283_82c0a0f697_b.jpg

49375668227_64b8925981_b.jpg

49375666927_32c0c057ed_b.jpg

Whilst there were no working lights that we found, there was a powered up alarm panel in the mill and in the house pictured above an alarm was going off. I don't think we set this off considering that we never entered the house, though we decided to make a swift exit in case anyone was on their way. As we made our exit on to the main road (which is not discreet at all) a car pulled up with 2 or 3 men in. They informed us that their family owned the mill and said that we were not to go back, though I am somewhat sceptical about this. On a subsequent revisit our entrance had been sealed up, though this is not surprising considering that they are auctioning off equipment. Overall, whilst it wasn't the best explore I've done it was still an enjoyable waste of a couple hours! Hope you enjoy the photos.

Last edited:

ShutterBug

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very interesting explore to say the least, I should have some of my pictures up shortly!

scalam45

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live near there and many do go in and do indeed set the 30 second long silent alarm and then that triggers the alarm that you can hear and most of the sensors are by the house. But good choice running as the police do show up quite quick

ShutterBug

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live near there and many do go in and do indeed set the 30 second long silent alarm and then that triggers the alarm that you can hear and most of the sensors are by the house. But good choice running as the police do show up quite quick

At the time we went, there was no alarm so we managed to walk around for a couple hours and see the entire site.. or what was left of it anyway haha

scalam45

28DL Member
28DL Member
At the time we went, there was no alarm so we managed to walk around for a couple hours and see the entire site.. or what was left of it anyway haha
Last couple weeks they’ve installed bigger better alarms and some that are pointed down in the wall so me and my mates can’t get in.last week we have went in at night set the alarm off and ran and undercover and marked police cars showed up so I don’t go in anymore ahahaha

Who has read this thread (Total: 164) View details