real time web analytics
Question - - Box mine help please..!!!! | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Box mine help please..!!!!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Seymourteddy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all and a merry Christmas.!!!
Long time reader and explore but first time posting............

Need some help/ company if possible please....

On Tuesday my friend and I entered/ explored box mine via jacks....

We got as far as "4 ways" befor Time was running out and are drive back to Portsmouth was needed....

My question is........ is there anybody on here who is free/willing/able and or interested in taking the 2 of us down and exploring the cathedral and north (old mines)
Between Christmas and New Years at all... and who maybe knows or closer entrance or faster rout/knows there area....

We had an amazing time down there and really enjoy and love the fact it's not been killed off but the kids (yet) or ruined. Just need that bit of knowledge for the rest.

We are 2 larger men but would surprise people on what and where we can get to, have helmets ropes touches etc. Can't offer much but to have ample supplie of giggles laughs strength and red bull....

Please comment and or PM me if interested............

Kind regards and hopefully replies Teddy & Adam

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Too time short over the Christmas to help you out I'm afraid, but it sounds as if you almost did the most tricky bits.

I assume you already have the central region and the southern region surveys at least. In the vicinity of the Four Ways area, you will start seeing regular direction arrows on the walls for B12. These are trustworthy and really do lead you to the main B12 route through the mine. From the B12 it's sort of simples enough to get around. On the B12 route you will find graffiti at the major junctions saying this is Box 16 or Box 17, etc etc. These are marked on the survey and are reliable. Finding you way out may be tricky though and heading north to the cranes may be too much of a challenge first time around. Stick to your limits.

If all else fails, there's business cards kept at the Quarryman's for local guides.

Seymourteddy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you for the reply.....
Yes we have all 3 maps (north, central,south)

We are planning/hoping to get back up wednedsday/Thursday of next week (before New Years) so if anybody is available or up for an adventure please feel free to contact me PM or comment......

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'd meet you guys but I'm working every day it seems. Take Berties and Frinks advice. Stick to the main routes, ignore the crappy graf arrows. The 'Box Number' and CCC markings are accurate. Take it steady, take a good look at every junction you encounter so you can recognise it should you need to backtrack, and use a compass so you can be sure you're heading in the correct general direction.

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
I was in Box mine today.. an impromptu trip that was unplanned due to being at a lost for what to do this morning.

Just to confirm what I said before..the first direction arrow labelled B12 was only 50m past Four Ways. So if you already got to Four Ways, then you were 95% of the way through the difficulties. Then it's a trustworthy B12 direction arrow at almost every junction till you are on the B12, hitting it at Box Number 17. The brick robots on the B12 have mostly been destroyed, but can still be seen at Box Number 12. It takes me 5 hours to get from Jack's to the cranes and back again. 3 hours from Jack's to the red door and back. Those times are for someone who sort of knows where to go.

Seymourteddy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice 1 cheers buddy......
just getting are bits together and then will be heading up there.
Should be a crisp day full of adventure

Seymourteddy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also bud....you don't fancy another random impromptu trip down? We are just rocking up now??

I was in Box mine today.. an impromptu trip that was unplanned due to being at a lost for what to do this morning.

Just to confirm what I said before..the first direction arrow labelled B12 was only 50m past Four Ways. So if you already got to Four Ways, then you were 95% of the way through the difficulties. Then it's a trustworthy B12 direction arrow at almost every junction till you are on the B12, hitting it at Box Number 17. The brick robots on the B12 have mostly been destroyed, but can still be seen at Box Number 12. It takes me 5 hours to get from Jack's to the cranes and back again. 3 hours from Jack's to the red door and back. Those times are for someone who sort of knows where to go.

Seymourteddy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well we made are way in twice now and just WoW what a impressive location..!!!!!

I'm not very good at reports etc but will work it out over the next few days but for now may the exploring and adventures continue..!!!!