real time web analytics
Information - - Box mine | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Box mine

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bensnail

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi

Me my friend and my uncle took a trip down box mine today, We came across 2 lads from Devizes and Bath ( Cousins) I think. They showed us the entrance to Jacks where they had got in.

Long story short, on our way out the police we're outside our entrance. We didn't break anything to get in or damage anything. But they we're pretty annoyed and did a full check on all 3 of us. Then passed our details on to Hanson. They had a Shogun 4x4 off road near the entrance, police dog and a tasers.

Hope the 2 blokes who we met in there today got to the Cathedral ok. Would be nice to catch up with you again for a proper look. If anyone knows who they are.

Thanks Ben

Olz9181

nelsonphotography.co.uk
28DL Full Member
is the main entrence with the key , no longer an option? was years ago when i went

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Usually, only the police show up if you touch the red door and trigger the silent alarms, they used to send military police, they look like your everyday copper though. They will know more about you than you know about yourself before you even give them your name lol, vehicles are on ANPR if you drive anywhere near the RAF base in Corsham or its other properties with underground storage around monkton farleigh.

Delete this post though dude, you just let everyone know that a restricted and delicate mine is now accessible... probably result in it being fully closed off :( Don't mean to be a bore but some things are too sensitive for public knowledge

Last edited:

XLXplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
many of the entrances there are now grated off and Hansons who own most of these quarries are determined to keep people out due to a few incidents of youngsters venturing into the mine and getting lost wearing T-shirts and only having lights on their phones!! FFS if your going to do this kind of thing go prepared with the right kit!!

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
1 Box will never get sealed up properly.

2 Hansons dont own Box mine anymore.

3 The Police (military or otherwise) cannot do a single thing and are not legally allowed to take your details/do a check whatever they may say to the contrary.

Last edited:

XLXplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
1 Box will never get sealed up properly. That's great news :-)

2 Hansons dont own Box mine anymore. Who owns the mine as the police say its Hanson but there is nothing on any of the entrances to the woods or the mines ??

3 The Police (military or otherwise) cannot do a single thing and are not legally allowed to take your details/do a check whatever they may say to the contrary.
That's Interesting to know.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
You only have to give your details if they put you under arrest, so I believe

You're under no obligation to provide details to the police unless you are officially being detained
If you're not officially detained you can walk off, if they then threaten to arrest you without probable cause you can put a claim in against the police force and payouts start at £500 for False Imprisonment and assault, an officer doesn't have to touch you for it to be assault you just have to believe contact is imminent

https://crimebodge.com/what-can-you-sue-the-police-for/

WATERMOUSE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
police might be keeping an eye on mines in the area due to the recent cannabis factory find in the Bradford on avon mine not far away...so they might be a bit more on the case if strangers are spotted sniffing around the mines

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
police might be keeping an eye on mines in the area due to the recent cannabis factory find in the Bradford on avon mine not far away...so they might be a bit more on the case if strangers are spotted sniffing around the mines

They’re keeping it an eye on it for the link I posted above. There is also a tier 4 data Centre in corsham too as well

WATERMOUSE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They’re keeping it an eye on it for the link I posted above. There is also a tier 4 data Centre in corsham too as well
ah yes that would make sense......i didn't notice the link in your post before...thx tumbles...

Hutchy95

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
1 Box will never get sealed up properly.

2 Hansons dont own Box mine anymore.

I agree it won’t ever get sealed up properly as it is a place of scientific interest, because of the rare bats that are found down there. They only put the grills there to stop idiots going in unequipped and getting lost, injured or even both. It wouldn’t surprise me if health and safety played a big part in the entrances being blocked up! :( Box mine is definitely not a place for amateur explorers at all!

Last edited:

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Nope. H&S was just the excuse not the cause. You do know whats been going on in Corsham for the last year or so right?

Who has read this thread (Total: 305) View details