real time web analytics
Question - - Box mines | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Box mines

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Doozer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm planning another trip to box over the Christmas period and was just woundering if the entrances are still open?

Nemo Russel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had a very recent chat with somebody from the Mendip Cave Rescue service who recently had a call out. He said unfortunately, gone are the days of borrowing a key from the pub as the company who owns the mines have welded the entrances permanently. There may well be a few little gaps somewhere, but the simple answer is that it is not as easy as it was.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Too many people disrespected Box mines, covering the walls in mindless graffiti, I read that the latest rescue call out was because some goons had defaced all the arrows to the exit with 'phallic symbols'!
I visit Cults mine in Fife quite often and sometimes wonder how much longer that will remain open, one more rescue call out could well see that mine gated or blocked off (has open entrances at present though some were blocked up last year or early this year).

Kirkymole

Banned
Banned
You shouldn't need exit arrows, and you certainly shouldn't trust them, and in any case you should never rely on there being any at all.

They got lost because they're stupid andunprepared.

Why can't more people understand it the way you do!

They were stupid. They fucked up. End of their story.

Doozer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This will be my 4th time to box and would safely say that i wouldn't dare attempt it without the aid of a map, its a shame that people spoil it for others, I may well see you down there then OT

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details