real time web analytics
Report - - Boys Villiage, Aberthaw, Barry - (02/2008) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Boys Villiage, Aberthaw, Barry - (02/2008)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pixman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A site that has been explored by others already, and I believe everything that is photoable has already been displayed. Uploading photos simply to show its current state in 2008 - which is pretty bad! Visited at night with Dreamworx and then back in the daytime with a camera.

Site was developed for young boys from the south wales coal mining towns and villages to visit, and have a summer holiday. Plaques on walls show the buildings were first developed in 1930, and then additional accomodation and conference facilities added in 1982. The newest buildings seem to be the most trashed!

There is activity of some type here as between the 12 hours of leaving and revisiting, books had been moved etc. I understand the barriers to the car park
to prevent vehicle entry are a recent addition.

Awsome tiled sign
1.jpg

Swimming pool roof has now completely removed.
2.jpg

The car in the Gym has been removed since people from the forum last visited
4.jpg

Cleanest part of the site!
5.jpg

At the night time visit, there was a music book open on top of the organ, by the morning the book wasn't anywhere to be seen in the church. Weird. I think work to remove the church floor stones has stopped.
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Kitchen area from the 1930 part of the building
9.jpg

10.jpg

Games room
13.jpg

Most trashed part, from the 1980's.
12.jpg

Room with a view
16.jpg