real time web analytics
Report - - Bradmill, Melbourne Australia. | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bradmill, Melbourne Australia.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Matt.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bradmill was established in 1927 in the inner west Melbourne suburb of Yarraville,
under the name ‘Bradmill Cotton Mills’, and later becoming ‘Bradmill textiles’.
Bradmill mainly concentrated on workwear fabrics, example. Fabric for overalls, uniforms etc. In 1945 the company began producing denim, which later lead to the focus turning more towards the fashion industry. In the early nineties Bradmill became the largest exporter of cotton textiles in Australia, and joined as part of the Australian owned company ‘Bradmill Undare Group’.

In 2002 the company ‘De Lutis Group’ set up Bradmill Pty Ltd to continue the company’s legacy, although the Yarraville site wasn’t going to make it into the foreseeable future. By 2005 less than 100 workers remained at Bradmill’s Yarraville site and there were rumours of the De Lutis Group planning to build luxury apartments on the site,
the company denied these rumours. By 2006 the proposal for a $250 Million dollar housing estate and shops had been put forward for the Bradmill site, with the denim mill remaining as use for a community centre. This was approved and the demolition team is now set on the site, pulling down all but the mill.

Myself, my girlfriend and my mate arrived at the mill on a quiet Saturday afternoon, parking at a small oval alongside the mill, we trekked over to our entrance point trying not to look too suspicious as there was a kids footy game on at the oval.

Upon entering the grounds on which the mill sat there was 2 dumped cars and a truck trailer, and with it seeming as there was nobody else about, we found the entry to the mill itself and wandered in It was quite eerie making our way through the almost pitch black dark dusty machinery until our eyes had adjusted, after having a decent look around we found the staircase and headed up, upstairs was much brighter, after spending quite a while there and having a decent look around we headed back out with plans to return after having a look around the yard and at the outbuildings.
As the mill sits via a busy Melbourne freeway we didn’t hear all the demolition trucks arrive, back outside the yard consisted of about 5 trucks, and 4 cars, we briskly made our way for an abrupt exit, disappointed I vow for a return trip hopefully some time in the not too distant future,
anyway for now enjoy.

Dumped.jpg

Upon entering the site,
we were greeted by this dumped Magna.
Snail.jpg

Snail.
Hatch.jpg

Hatch.
Open-1.jpg

Welcome.
Spindle.jpg

Rusted.