Web
Analytics
Report - - BRAMHAM BIGGIN, Bramham Park, Wetherby April 2019 | Residential Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - BRAMHAM BIGGIN, Bramham Park, Wetherby April 2019

Olkka

Flowerbox
Regular User
@DriftersUK don't be put off by the comments just yet. But a the main reasons why the feedback has been what it is are;
1. There's barely any photographs what you found in the building itself. This is the main reason people browse this forum.
2. Although we greatly appreciate written storytelling (not a video), it's a little bit too American ghosthunter TV show-esque. If you were breaking new ground in a Soviet missile base where no trespasser has trespassed before, or something, it would be apt, but at the end of the day this is just a house people have been strolling into in broad daylight for like a decade+.
3. The video - ah, well what can we say... There are a million and one people trying to make a name for themselves on Youtube with over dramatic, Blair Witch project type videos of 'exploring' places that we've all seen before, so unfortunately, it won't warrant any positive feedback from the scene.
4. The recurrent instagram links... can be seen as a bit of shameless promotion. General ethos on the forum is it's a tad taboo to OTT plug a social media presence.
With that said, you have done very nicely writing the history out and we can see you are passionate about practicing this hobby... There are just two sides of the scene to choose from, and we hope after taking on board advice from the aforementioned https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/28-days-later-survival-guide-for-newbies.116319/ that you'll stick around the forum, contribute again and discover everything it has to offer, and not succumb to the youtube/instagram fad.

DriftersUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@DriftersUK don't be put off by the comments just yet. But a the main reasons why the feedback has been what it is are;
1. There's barely any photographs what you found in the building itself. This is the main reason people browse this forum.
2. Although we greatly appreciate written storytelling (not a video), it's a little bit too American ghosthunter TV show-esque. If you were breaking new ground in a Soviet missile base where no trespasser has trespassed before, or something, it would be apt, but at the end of the day this is just a house people have been strolling into in broad daylight for like a decade+.
3. The video - ah, well what can we say... There are a million and one people trying to make a name for themselves on Youtube with over dramatic, Blair Witch project type videos of 'exploring' places that we've all seen before, so unfortunately, it won't warrant any positive feedback from the scene.
4. The recurrent instagram links... can be seen as a bit of shameless promotion. General ethos on the forum is it's a tad taboo to OTT plug a social media presence.
With that said, you have done very nicely writing the history out and we can see you are passionate about practicing this hobby... There are just two sides of the scene to choose from, and we hope after taking on board advice from the aforementioned https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/28-days-later-survival-guide-for-newbies.116319/ that you'll stick around the forum, contribute again and discover everything it has to offer, and not succumb to the youtube/instagram fad.
Thank you for the guidance, for us as newcomers it is extremely helpful. you are correct that this community will have a proper way of doing things, and we are quite happy to change how we operate. That being said, we are filmmakers and not photographers, I am currently editing the full video (in between other private projects) but now I feel this forum will not appreciate this effort? should I not bother posting the link here?

I will continue to explore, and I will continue to shoot film and make an effort to shoot more photographs, but I am a filmmaker primarily, this was my first explore in nearly 15 years, Your comment about it being dramatic while you are right, I could have been a little more chilled out - I had just never seen pages ripped from a bibles and pasted onto nearly every wall. I was creeped out and the dramatics are genuine.

I have one simple question really.

As filmmakers, not a photographers, will the work we do (film) be of any value to anybody here? or should exclusively keep it on other platforms?

thanks

Olkka

Flowerbox
Regular User
Do put it in the video group, the community would appreciate video content as long as it's original and interesting, the world is drowning in trash urbex videos and would be nice to see something stand out

DriftersUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Do put it in the video group, the community would appreciate video content as long as it's original and interesting, the world is drowning in trash urbex videos and would be nice to see something stand out
Thanks I will check out that section you have been most helpful.

Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Im gonna link this thread in the survival guide as an example of how an introduction post should go.