real time web analytics
Report - - Branston National Machine Gun Factory aka. 'The Home of Branston Pickle' - Dec 2017 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Branston National Machine Gun Factory aka. 'The Home of Branston Pickle' - Dec 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

J4M35_UK

MEDOTDOOTC
28DL Full Member
We went today and someone has stripped the place bare, some time between my visit today and a friends visit yesterday. Such a shame.

What happens when the Facebook goons get it I suppose

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The notice boards and the like? That's a shame, they were really nice!

SteT

28DL Member
28DL Member
I worked as an HGV driver at the Prison Service depot just behind this building for 25 years until I retired. In the early years, the ground floor was our local office until maintenance became too expensive. Several years ago Supply and Transport head office in Corby was closed and the intention was to relocate here, but being a Grade II listed building, the cost of renovation was prohibitive, so they moved to Leicester instead! Up to about seven years ago, it was a job for one of the mechanics from the vehicle workshop by the gate to climb the tower once a week and rewind the clock. But then elf'n'safety deemed it to be too dangerous!
The pumphouse in the second picture is still operational and handles all the sewage and drainage for the whole site.

Be careful - it is Grade II listed and there is 24hr on-site security.

SteT

28DL Member
28DL Member
BTW - it is (or was in my time) periodically used for search training by the Prison Service dog handlers, so if you find any little packets etc hidden in corners which may have been lost/forgotten......................................!

Who has read this thread (Total: 180) View details