real time web analytics
Report - - Brecon and Radnor county asylum, talgarth wales | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Brecon and Radnor county asylum, talgarth wales

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Warped_Southener

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
heres a bit of history on the place for you: The Brecon and Radnor Joint Asylum, opened in 1903 becoming the Mid Wales Hospital Talgarth, in 1921.

On a smaller scale than many, it was originally built to cater for 352 patients. The compact arrow layout still boasted a farm, tailor, baker, shoe maker, printing shops and a church as well as market gardens covering 8 acres. The first world war contributed to episodes of overcrowding, with inmates at one point swelling to 455.

The hospital closed in 2000 and there has been much controversy over the potential for redevelopment. Presently the building is a virtual ghost town with some areas showing dereliction but others retaining good quality original features.

now on to the good stuff (firstly before u all start sayin i need a tripod, i no i just cant afford one atm but should hopefully have one soon :) )

IMGP2547.jpg

IMGP2553.jpg

IMGP2555.jpg

IMGP2558.jpg

IMGP2562.jpg

IMGP2563.jpg

IMGP2564.jpg

IMGP2571.jpg

IMGP2577.jpg

IMGP2584.jpg

IMGP2587.jpg

IMGP2598.jpg

IMGP2600.jpg

IMGP2605.jpg

some propa trippy wall paper, can just see it now all the patients wacked out on "happy pills" startin at it for hours on end

IMGP2606.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details