real time web analytics
Report - - Brick and tile makers-Hampshire-September 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Brick and tile makers-Hampshire-September 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ellie0203

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This site has been done so much on here but there’s so much to see that I just had to go! Myself and 2 fellow explorers adorned our gear and travelled to Hampshire to see an old brickworks. It closed down without notice in 2009 due to going into administration. Access was easy but due to the road it’s on parking a car looks suspicious. It was amazing to see all the machinery still intact and was quite sad to think of all the jobs lost. We did encounter a man toward the end of our visit who was very unhappy we were there and explained that people had vandalised the place before. Unfortunately we are hearing this more and more and it gives genuine urban explorers a bad name. I’ve recently found out that this place is the home of a protected species so unfortunately I don’t see any plans to save it. Hope you enjoy the pics

BEA77FAE-BCAC-4801-B20E-3ABAAAAEC3A3.jpeg

1DDB77BE-C08F-4CFA-93C0-D8AD6E6E0FBB.jpeg

60EF2C53-0DDE-4CA4-9B5E-4448FC5D9E36.jpeg

30262F26-BCAC-4EF5-8E81-3F67970A0157.jpeg

58F34676-84FE-4A6A-9CB4-8E3EA4ABA707.jpeg

B0E14F83-32D0-4693-96D6-C9F64394AF89.jpeg

2F456262-E657-4614-B9AB-8DCD9424CA83.jpeg

0ED20A2E-70C4-4FB3-A3FC-12DAE77C5018.jpeg

51BDD32B-8D75-4405-B7AD-03A2EA9DA2B9.jpeg

26A7D828-4887-406C-9D63-85B706A9A4F7.jpeg

FD954669-06CB-4010-89A8-EE8E30C76156.jpeg

34BE4D7F-F71F-4C13-BF87-C2AEACB2E1CF.jpeg

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is this the one at Selbourne? I've been meaning to go here but heard the owner's a right nasty twat - doesn't sound quite like the guy you met.

Also, what's the protected species?... bats?

Chalkie31

Urbex Addict
28DL Full Member
Yeh this is Selbourne. I also heard about the guy (old foreman possibly) who turns up here and as Falconer said he isn't a nice chap at all. I didn't come across anyone on my visit however it wasn't until I came back read that apparently one explorer was attacked here (don't know if it was the same guy). I also don't know how true that is was never quite confirmed. Think its definitely a place you should have your wits about you. Cool explore tho

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Worlds away from when I went, we bumped into someone as we were packing up and leaving and he was real nice. That was before loads of people started going and it got more trashed however.

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh this is Selbourne. I also heard about the guy (old foreman possibly) who turns up here and as Falconer said he isn't a nice chap at all. I didn't come across anyone on my visit however it wasn't until I came back read that apparently one explorer was attacked here (don't know if it was the same guy). I also don't know how true that is was never quite confirmed. Think its definitely a place you should have your wits about you. Cool explore tho

Hadn't heard about any attacks, but think I read a report on here that someone's tires were slashed or let down as they parked at the entrance...

Chalkie31

Urbex Addict
28DL Full Member
Hadn't heard about any attacks, but think I read a report on here that someone's tires were slashed or let down as they parked at the entrance...

Don’t know if I saw it on here or I think more likely fb. Think someone was saying that it was possible the old foreman. Probably got his shirt grabbed and by the time the second person heard about it it turned into an “attack”. The parking outside thing is bad. There’s only one reason a car is parked there so if someone goes by with a grudge they so easily identified.

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The only reason I can think of is it's very close to Bordon, however it sounds like a tall tale to me :rolleyes:
A bollocking may be a potential if they were passing and it was an exceptional case of really shit luck and unfortunate timing I guess, maybe a gust of hot air up the arse with the threat of arrest... still clinging to the pinch of salt here though!

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
The only reason I can think of is it's very close to Bordon, however it sounds like a tall tale to me :rolleyes:

Didn’t think much happened at Bordon these days ,pretty sure they gave the tank training areas back to public land when REME moved out in 2015

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Didn’t think much happened at Bordon these days ,pretty sure they gave the tank training areas back to public land when REME moved out in 2015

That's why I thought it was unlikely, myself having explored the huge Garrison with permission in 2016...

Who has read this thread (Total: 267) View details