real time web analytics
Report - - Bricket Wood Sports Centre - St Albans - January 2019 - Part 2 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bricket Wood Sports Centre - St Albans - January 2019 - Part 2

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WilsonTheHuman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ran out of photo space on the previous report so here are the rest of them including the sports hall where someone has clearly had a lot of fun with paint pots, and some of the outsides of some of the other buildings on the site. The place is huge but it looks like the only accessible place is the sports centre.

History again:

The place closed down in 2010 with a decline in usage after another more up to date leisure centre was built in Watford. The land was leased from HSBC, which owned a management training centre on the same site. This too is now empty, but the buildings are all very well sealed and appear to be alarmed, so we did not gain access to these. The lower floors were also flooded and as none of us had wellies with us, we were unable to access those which meant the changing rooms and pumping room was off limits. The lower floors had a strong smell of mould so a respirator wouldn't be a bad shout for that area. As we didn't have those with us either, we left them alone. The water was only a few inches deep but there were clear tide marks showing where it had been at least a foot deep at some point!

IMG_8081.JPG

IMG_8088.JPG

IMG_8124.JPG

IMG_8128.JPG

IMG_8136.JPG

IMG_8150.JPG

IMG_8162.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8170.JPG

IMG_8173.JPG

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8192.JPG

IMG_8194.JPG

IMG_8195.JPG

IMG_8033.JPG

IMG_8034.JPG

IMG_8036.JPG

IMG_8044.JPG

IMG_8226.JPG

IMG_8230.JPG

IMG_8232.JPG

IMG_8233.JPG

IMG_8234.JPG

IMG_8235.JPG

IMG_8238.JPG

IMG_8241 copy.jpg

IMG_8248.JPG

IMG_8252 copy.jpg

IMG_8229.JPG

IMG_8250.JPG

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Ran out of photo space on the previous report

To be honest, there's very few places out there that are worthy of more than 30 pics, that's why the limit is set there.

For your next report maybe just put up the in-focus shots that specifically show the venue rather than generic photos of rubbish on the floor, trees, different angles of the same facade etc.

No offence, I honestly don't want to sound like a cu*t (for the sixth time this week!) but less is more and I'd be more appreciative of 20 decent photos than 60 not so decent ones.

Underground_Jazz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report. The main sports area was used for filming not too long ago, perhaps the paint has something to do with that, when I visited, they were building the set which involved paint etc.

As for the Manor house, I've managed to get into this in the past. I might have a key for it assuming it still works ;-) Nothing but empty rooms, mostly redecorated and modernised for filming/hire purposes. You're not missing much. I would like to get into the HSBC complex but so far nothing... it's sealed tight.

Who has read this thread (Total: 237) View details