real time web analytics
Report - - Bridlington Tunnels | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bridlington Tunnels

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr Miyagi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and Whittyboy were skulking around Brid the other day looking for an explore and for fish and chips!,after being fed and watered we carried on and found these Tunnels.Couldn't find out much about them apart from a word from an old sea salt who said they were old covered passages from the late 1700's, reputed to go all the way to the old Priory but at every turn we made they were bricked up.
They might form part of the old sea wall as the brick line sloped down horizontally and vertically?

IMG_3711.jpg

This is the wall on the left that slopes.

IMG_3712.jpg

The arched roof

IMG_3713.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

Bricked up door

IMG_3715.jpg

Dead End

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

Brett 5673

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live in bridlington and looked every where for these tunnels but can't find them. What I do know is yes the tunnels do lead from the prior church to the harbour. They blocked the tunnels of in sections because some of the tunnels go under specific buildings which I'm not gonna mention in this forum. Bridlington council will deny of these tunnels or keep the tunnels quiet and don't like people knowing because of that reason. But like I said still can't seem to find them lol.

Stewart1066

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi I lived in Bridlington all my life,when I was in my teens me and my mate we found the entrance to the tunnel in the hourber.I know it goes up to priory.

S o.

Stewart1066

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yes it's on the short pier on the right hand side down some steps. It must be 50 years since I was in there. Good luck

Brett 5673

28DL Member
28DL Member
I never went in when I noticed it. But I was on another chat room discussing this and a man and his son said they went in to have a look and they said it was like a L or J shaped room which was smallish but that was it just a room didn't go anywhere. Does this sound fimular? And guessing they could of blocked it up at some point over the year's and only about 4 months ago they put a steel gate on it now so you can't get in