real time web analytics
General - - Brierley Hill ROC | ROC Posts | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Brierley Hill ROC

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Exploring with chad

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi there, new member here, just read on here that Brierley Hill R.O.C succumbed to a housing estate, this is not the case, this was still in use after the houses were built as they are at he bottom of Barrow Hill and the bunker at the top near the cross, I believe there is much more to this particular bunker than meets the eye, no evidence is left of its existence, I remember the big green fence surrounding the hatch, now it's been conveniently covered in thorn bushes 200sm2 roughly, Iv been told it was ripped from the ground by a friend that lives in the nearby estate,been told it was filled in by another, also that it was fire damaged, no one seems to know exactly, it always attracted me as a child as I remember the army going up there in there Land Rover, not the usual ROC voluntary staff, I suggest people do a little more reading on the land it's built on being a volcano and the mysteries about it being linked to death, hidden treasure and stuff, it's in the middle of a hospital and church, where majority of tunnels are found(I.e wordsley, Stourbridge tunnels) and I believe much bigger than people think, heard some very interesting stuff and rumours about this place, if anyone has a common interest in this location please get in touch.
IS this in barnsley grimethorpe ??

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Brierley hill was extensively mined as was the whole area,if there are tunnels it’s ikely old mine adits or shafts.

Nismo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was in the process of buying a house in nearby Lower Gornal when my Solicitor advised me against it due to Tin mines found in one of the surveys.
The whole area is full of old mines and tunnels. When i was a kid there was a rumor that behind Church of Ascention primary school in Wallheath there was a massive Air raid shelter under the one of the hills on the school grounds.

Mooey

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was in the process of buying a house in nearby Lower Gornal when my Solicitor advised me against it due to Tin mines found in one of the surveys.
The whole area is full of old mines and tunnels. When i was a kid there was a rumor that behind Church of Ascention primary school in Wallheath there was a massive Air raid shelter under the one of the hills on the school grounds.

Digging this post back up. There was an air raid shelter there and network of tunnels at CofA school. I've seen the pics. They got infilled in the 2000's during building work. But they were excavated and photographed at the time as I enquired as my loin fruit went there. They may be able to supply copies of the pics if asked nicely.

Nismo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Digging this post back up. There was an air raid shelter there and network of tunnels at CofA school. I've seen the pics. They got infilled in the 2000's during building work. But they were excavated and photographed at the time as I enquired as my loin fruit went there. They may be able to supply copies of the pics if asked nicely.

Hi mate thanks for the reply and info
I knew it !
It was a rumour when I went there (I left in 1994 for secondary school) that It was under an area knick named the “hills and dales” Next to a small pond
The teachers always denied it was there Apart from one older dinner lady who called it the underground school.
I would love to see the photos of it

Who has read this thread (Total: 194) View details