real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Brighton crane climbers, Argus, 11/07/13 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Brighton crane climbers, Argus, 11/07/13

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

magpie

TH3 D4RKS1D3
Banned
JESAAAAZ! That pic in link is epic and the vid....holy shit batman!!!
props to them!

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Shame about the slagging in the paper, the view from a crane is always fab

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
Haven't read it but judging by the pictures, there Is urban exploring an then there is taken it to another level, in my opinion stupid and selfish, think about the loved ones that have to pick up the pieces after woods if things went wrong, imagine If it was your son pulling that stunt off just to get publicity and pictures so people think your "off your head"

Not impressed.

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member
That is a good point, its one thing climbing a crane for the photos, but messing about when up there is another

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Fair play if you ask me. If these guys are genuinely good at parkour and climbing, which they seem to be, then they're going to be attracted to these type of things.

More people die horse riding, hill walking or sailing.

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
But more people ride horses etc than people hanging from a crane with one hand. So yeah statistically more people will of died more doing those activities, also they would be classed as a freak accident.

Falling from a crane because you hung with one hand isn't hardly classed as a freak accident, most people would say it's your own fault.

Last edited:

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Well done to the Argus for 'tracking them down'... like it's hard.

But still fair play to these guys, they obviously love what they're doing and are damn good at it. Don't we all like to push ourselves to the limit sometimes? They know the risks before they do it, and also know what they can do.

Good on them.

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
I like to push myself to the limit but moderately, not beyond selfishness, anyways, ill stop now as this could go on forever, I have my opinion you have yours.

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member
My wife knows when I go up a crane or mast I don't take risks, I also don't do anything I don't feel safe doing... I would hope and guess that these guys are the same too

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Falling from a crane because you hung with one hand isn't hardly classed as a freak accident, most people would say it's your own fault.

I'm not sure we can be in a position to criticise people because of their chosen pastime though? Ours is hardly squeaky clean is it?

What do we always say when the fire brigade, police, councils, paramedics, rospa, etc start whining about our safety? "We know the risks and we take responsibility for them". Just like these guys.

When was the last time you read about someone dying in the mountains, or parachuting, or base jumping, or diving, or even as bizarre as wrestling crocodiles. Even mundane things like driving, or running, or even just trying to live, result in death.

When was the last time you read about somebody falling off a crane?

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
I haven't mate, but the point I'm trying to make is yeah, we do take ourself from what most people would call comfort zone but I'm sure we risk assess where we walk, climb etc

Hanging from a crane is playing with death, if they want to do that then fine, but I find it selfish to the people that have to live with it for the rest of their lives because of the stunt that went wrong, I'd be mortified if I seen a picture of my son doing that.

Ask yourself how you would react seeing your son in the paper hanging from a crane, yeah you can think it's his life and he can chose is own path, but wouldn't you feel abit disappointed that he hasn't give his parents, friends etc a second thought?

What we do is dangerous, as most things are in life but pulling stunts like that is like running into a burning building just to get a adrenerlen fix or to make yourself look "aleet"

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details