real time web analytics
Report - - BRIGHTON ROAD MILL,STOCKPORT oct 15 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - BRIGHTON ROAD MILL,STOCKPORT oct 15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY- brighton road mill was the home to the "silverpan fruit preserving works" , over the years it was home to various jam making and confectionary companys , most famous being cadburys ! like most mills years later , it had to diversify as times changed , becoming the home to many small business adventures , finding history for this mill has been sketchy at best !

THE VISIT- drove up to this place after failing at other local mills and not knowing the location or name of a shut down cop shop in stockport , we arrived to find the place full of workmen and demolition equipment , so we left the site and came back at 6pm to see them leaving the site, after a recce of the perimeter we gained access to the site , after checking every window n door we found a shutter door left open by the workmen , it was getting dark at this point so we got our torches out and had a nose inside , we firstly came across units full of discarded car seat covers and other material offcuts , it reminded me of going into a jumble sale as a kid ...lol
we had previously noticed that lights were on in the upper floors , we thought that security guards must have an office up there...it turned out to be lights left on by the workers carrying out decontamination work on the mills asbestos , we kept out of the sealed sections for the sake of our own health , we spent a couple of hours at this place getting photos in pitch black conditions with my canon 10-18mm wide angle lens , a good little derp , before we left the site i found a toy truck and left it on the loading ramp to give the workers a chuckle in the morning (last photo), visited with my trusty derping sidekick @Cazel#HT .....if your going to visit ? do it soon ! it might not be there in a few weeks ?
mill 1.jpg
mill 2.jpg
mill 3.jpg
mill 4.jpg
mill 5.jpg
mill 6.jpg
mill 7.jpg
mill 8.jpg
mill 9.jpg
mill 10.jpg
mill 11.jpg
mill 12.jpg
mill 13.jpg
mill 14.jpg
mill 15.jpg
mill 16.jpg
mill 17.jpg
mill 18.jpg
mill 19.jpg
mill 20.jpg
mill 21.jpg
mill 22.jpg
mill 23.jpg
mill 24.jpg
mill 25.jpg
mill 26.jpg
mill 27.jpg

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
Nice report :thumb

Something which I wondered about is that this looks very much like it was built as a cotton mill, with the vaulted ceilings, iron pillars, and sawtooth roof (to let light in). If it was, it wasn't long before it was converted to a jam factory.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice report :thumb

Something which I wondered about is that this looks very much like it was built as a cotton mill, with the vaulted ceilings, iron pillars, and sawtooth roof (to let light in). If it was, it wasn't long before it was converted to a jam factory.

I would agree...