real time web analytics
Report - - Bristol Cars - Bristol - Dec'11 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bristol Cars - Bristol - Dec'11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

funkymonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Guys, been a long time since I have been here, embarrisingly!

Anyway, after a chance encounter with a friend of mine, he mentioned that he has been doing a bit of work over the last few days dismantling the old Bristol Cars factory over in Filton. Long story short, I got over there today, and after speaking with the guy in charge, was allowed free roam of the factory and scrap pile. I initially went over with the aim of salvaging interesting or unique parts destined for the smelter, but got a few pics off my phone while I was there.

I know the pics are crap, and this report is never meant to be a top grade issue, I'd just like to show the place as it is today. Come wednesday, the scrap man will be there to rip up anything left and scrap the lot.

Anyway, on with the pics.......

IMAG0123.jpg

The clay prototype model of the Fighter-T, sadly quite damaged and dented. Still a very interesting model.

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

And rather fittingly, the molds for the back end of the Fighter-T, sat on the scrap heap ready to be shredded.....

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

This was the Chassis prep-room, where most of the frame welding was done....

IMAG0128.jpg

complete with half finished sections of car (production stopped in March this year, hence the condition of them!)....

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

and some nice little details that tickled my sensibilities...

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

There are parts stored in here from the 60's and 70's still, it's as if they could build you any car from the entire history of the company if you wanted......

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

And lastly, the production floor as it now stands. Come wednesday, this will all just be any other industrial unit up for rent :(

IMAG0141.jpg

Thanks all folks, thanks for reading.