real time web analytics
Report - - British Celanese, Spondon November 2014 | Industrial Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - British Celanese, Spondon November 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
I remember some nice double sided clocks hanging up in there too, just visible middle left.

IMG_8726.jpg

I wanted them as well :gay

Robbo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Amazing pictures there nighthawk, great history post also, enjoyed them all.! kudos

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes ACID, i was stood the other side of the train line which is just in front of the brambles that you can see in the images. This was the closest I could get which was a shame.

Sorry missed your reply . 1/4 mile south of the station basically. Never got round to seeing the part last year .....or today for that matter ;)

Considering it says on Celanese Website the Demo will last 18 months from last August. They're going about it very slowly to say the least.

Fred Dibnah would have had it all down by now :D

Looks like.all the times been spent removing Asbestos gaskets between all the flanges and valves & the odd Asbestos clad machine on the right hand side of the complex .

And the live part is still very alive as we found out today :D

Arcaned

Dirty Donker
28DL Full Member
Sorry missed your reply . 1/4 mile south of the station basically. Never got round to seeing the part last year .....or today for that matter ;)

Considering it says on Celanese Website the Demo will last 18 months from last August. They're going about it very slowly to say the least.

Fred Dibnah would have had it all down by now :D

Looks like.all the times been spent removing Asbestos gaskets between all the flanges and valves & the odd Asbestos clad machine on the right hand side of the complex .

And the live part is still very alive as we found out today :D

ACID.... where was my holla? This is one of the places I would like to explore. PM me some info? ;)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ACID.... where was my holla? This is one of the places I would like to explore. PM me some info? ;)

You said there wasn"t much left standing, so we didn"t expect much mate.Just went down for a drive past. Not there"s still 95% of it still left to be demo"d lol

And still live :(

Arcaned

Dirty Donker
28DL Full Member
You said there wasn"t much left standing, so we didn"t expect much mate. Just went down for a drive past. Not there"s still 95% of it still left to be demo"d lol

And still live :(

I may have to have another mooch mate. Couldn't find a way in without being questioned by security which is why I went round the back but didn't realise there was a train line lol. At least you confirmed it's still standing and active, I wasn't sure and saw them tearing one of the building's to pieces

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Best thing mate is to Google Earth the site and then you"ll see the Demo is @ 2 buildings (that you showed) only at present.
If you"ve not GE"d it you will have no understanding of the sheer size of the site, and if you intend running round the place avoiding Secca and workers on the live parts it"ll help you immensely :)