Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - British Sugar, Nottingham | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - British Sugar, Nottingham

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
There is a derelict British Sugar factory located in Colwick, next to the river Trent. Me and a friend explored it recently and it is sadly in poor condition, and appears to be undergoing demolition/ reconversion :(
Has anyone explored this place, or heard of it.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
Thats interesting, the Nottingham site closed way back in 1981!!?

Can you be more specific on location and whats attualy there?

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
Can you be more specific on location and whats attualy there?
It is located in an industrial estate (I believe Colwick Industrial Estate) next to the trent.
Here is a link: (please note the chimney was demolished recently)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Not...941&sspn=11.592276,28.081055&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=19

At the top floor, there is still some old machinery left behind and covered in the ubiquitous layer of pigeon crap. The first floor has little left to see, except the old sugar chutes looking down from the top floor. The ground floor is being used for storage of trade waste.

Knelf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ahhhh that place! Random luck to see if on here! I spotted it a few years ago while marshalling the Robin Hood marathon. Thought it looked pretty good but never got round to it. The chimney was still in place then (which was kinda how I spotted it).

Shame there are no pictures as would be interesting to see what its like.

There is another place I spotted while out with my girlfriend further along the river near by too. (she was a tad confused as to why I was taking pics of old buildings). I'll see if I can find the pics/location

Knelf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeh yeh realise its another site

just sayings its another i spotted in the vague vicinity

didnt know what it was called though so thanks for that! Time to have a search ;)