real time web analytics
Report - - Brittania Oil Rig, Redcar 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Brittania Oil Rig, Redcar 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Clough

L.L.S
28DL Full Member
VISITED WITH MJS

BRITTANIA OIL RIG

IMG_1441copy.jpg

Looks more like a spaceship

Cant remember which month it was, remember it was cold as fook thou.
Remember seeing this rig when we did a recce of a ship breakers that from Google Earth looked like it had 3 ships in dock all rusty and looking awesome, we werent bothered about rig but when we got round to trying the site, the ship werent there so we thought...
"Fook it a oil rig it is then!"

IMG_1440copy.jpg

Getting to it was quite "LOL" tried to find a sneaky way into the area but couldnt find a way so ended just going down the main site road! Sneaked past about 2 seccer huts but they were all to busy watching X Factor by the looks of it!

We thought the rig was in for refurbishment or something and would be empty that was not the case....

IMG_1433copy.jpg

IMG_1404copy.jpg

After getting a few externals we headed inside, I set my camera up (im a tripod man even in the brightest sunlight much to JSTs dismay ;) ) about to take a shot when MJS is like theres people downstairs, we head over to some stairs and hear A LOT of people downstairs all chatting and LOLing. We decided it was best to stay outside!

IMG_1413copy.jpg

IMG_1406copy.jpg

IMG_1436copy.jpg

Anywayz later on I walking over to MJS and out pops a very foreign man walking towards me, I keep walking past him and nod LOL after that I ran to MJS and told him we need to GTFO!

Needless to say getting back out of the ship breakers was extremely harder as the seccer vans were racing round to find us "able seamen" LOL

IMG_1426copy.jpg

IMG_1401copy.jpg
IMG_1414copy.jpg

Thats it!

IMG_1425copy.jpg

Thank you!