real time web analytics
Report - - Broadstone Mill Tower (mini report) 06/2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Broadstone Mill Tower (mini report) 06/2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Broadstone mill tower stockport, this is not a derelict mill by far it is split into various commercial business's however what is fascinating about this mill is the copper dome on top i've always wanted to know what's inside, a lot of this mill is open to the public with art studio's etc so blending in was easy, so i made my way to the top of the tower and climbed inside and was quite pleasantly surprised with all the wood work and an original water tank still there, apart from that there was little to see a lot of dark stairs etc. never the less i enjoyed the fact that i got in to see inside..
HISTORY IN BREIF
Broadstone mill was built over 100 years ago by the Broadstone Spinning Company, the original mill comprised 640,000 ft of two main blocks and a central Engine house, the mill was closed in 1959, the south block and Engine house were destroyed in 1965.The remaining block today has the original ornamental water tower with copper cupola which today houses the lift shaft
bh1.jpg

bh2.jpg
bh3.jpg

bh4.jpg

bh5.jpg
bh6.jpg

bh7.jpg

bh8.jpg

bh9.jpg

bh10.jpg
bh11.jpg

bh12.jpg