real time web analytics
Report - - Broderick Tower, Detroit - October 2009 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Broderick Tower, Detroit - October 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

A

arntzville

The first place I hit on a recent trip to Detroit was this outstanding abandoned 30+ story skyscraper. Entrances come and go on these big downtown buildings on a weekly basis as scrappers, explorers, building owners, and law enforcement endlessly try to outmaneuver one another. Luckily this one waited for me to arrive, and it was a great day with good friends.

After heading straight up 4 or 5 floors, we starting exploring the building floor by floor. We got more and more pumped as we rose higher up above the surrounding buildings and the horizon view up Woodward Avenue retreated farther and farther into the distance. The group I was with eventually headed straight up to the penthouse and the roof, but I lingered behind and tried to see every corner of every floor. Some areas were empty and bedecked with multiple layers of graffiti, some were semi-intact offices with paperwork left behind, and some were impossible to decipher. There were at least a dozen dentist's offices and other medical areas, most of which were pretty hard to photograph, even with a wide angle lens, due to how cramped they were. It was like exploring an entire neighborhood in one building. Overall I have to say this was in my top five favorite days of exploring ever.

1. Dental supply company
01.jpg

2. Much of the building features old wooden built-ins like these
02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

6. Photo of a small medical room that actually sort of worked
08.jpg

7. Detritus
09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

11. The Guardian, the Penobscot and the Stott in the distance
13.jpg

14.jpg

13. Safe door
15.jpg

14. Balcony foliage
16.jpg

15. Best view I've had of Detroit yet. I could see my three favorite Detroit scrapers, the Guardian, the Stott, and the Book, and almost everything else.
17.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details