Web
Analytics
Report - - Brogyntyn Hall, Shropshire - September 2014 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Brogyntyn Hall, Shropshire - September 2014

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
Apologies for ballsing this report up first time round, not too computer savy and had had a couple of rums when i decided to get around to putting them up, the ballsed up one is floating around the newbie/advice section and needs deleting if any admins have the technology to do it as i had a look and tryed to delete and couldnt see an option.

Went up for a poke around up here a few months back witha friend, chucked some pics on the facebook page at the time but only just got around to doing a report on here as i hate my laptop. was a pretty lively site, chaps gardening and stuff by the frount gate and a couple of cars coming up and down the drive, theres a building to the right of the main hall which i guess was a servants quarters or something which i think may have been turned into flats or something as there was about 4/5 cars in the courtyard to that building, anyway bit of history on the place.

Brogyntyn Hall has stood abandoned for 15 years. It was owned by the Lord Harlech until 2000. Settled in the 1600s the house and its estate once presided over the land as far as the eye can see. The family was one of the great English dynasties and owners of Harlech Castle in North Wales as well.
Unfortunately a string of tragedies including two Lords Harlech dying without wills, leaving massive death duties to be paid, saw the decline of the family fortunes and subsequent sale of the Hall. Interestingly it was also used during the war by British Telecom as headquarters for communications for the spy network operating in Europe

15497173215_3aa3f8cc72_b.jpg

15310254959_78c3e51abf_b.jpg

15496813002_09cb125c0d_b.jpg

15310250179_76a5d57451_b.jpg

15310502478_2bfe8938b6_b.jpg

15310573667_474f8b871f_b.jpg

15310448378_156485881a_b.jpg

15310396260_f83f58d644_b.jpg

hope you enjoy, more pics on my flickr, bit of a lone range urbexer atm, dont mind but not always the safest option y'know, I'm based in Worcester so any local explorers, (west midlands/brum or south west/bristol areas) who are planning anything and want to split fuel+dont mind a tag along hit me up.

happy exploring kids, play safe.

Last edited:

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Re: Brogyntyn Hall - September 2014 -Shropshire

Thats a pretty good report :thumb
looks a good place that

dweeb

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Brogyntyn Hall - September 2014 -Shropshire

bookcase door not so hidden with a bare library!!

ultravox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent report! Please post the link to your Flickr set (I couldn't find the link!) as would love to see more of this amazing place.

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
thanks for the postivie vibes guys, sorry about the random urls, hadnt done any reports for ages and then when i logged back in it had been over 24 hours and i couldnt edit my post, thanks for sortiing them out for me dweed. anyways all the best- happy exploring.

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
Excellent report! Please post the link to your Flickr set (I couldn't find the link!) as would love to see more of this amazing place.
I'm oakleyframer on flickr aswell dude, It's a bit all over the place at the minute, need to sort stuff into albums and stuff, thanks for the good feedback :thumb

skippy

28DL Member
28DL Member
A client of mine has bought it - there's a substantial restoration program about to start, although I'm not involved, so can't say what or how, or when. Nice place though - didnt cost him much.