real time web analytics
Report - - Broomhill Hospital, March 2011 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Broomhill Hospital, March 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Broomhill is a typical example of a country house becoming a hospital which seemed to be in vogue in the first half of the 20th Century. The main house survives with wings on both sides making up wards and nurses accommodation.

The frontage of the hospital is a rather grand stone affair, not dis similar to St Georges in Stafford. Despite being an attractive well built building, I have always found the building to look rather grim and sombre.

The hospital may look good on the outside, but the interior is in appalling condition, with many collapses from loft to ground floor. Despite this Speed and I managed to see most of the wards and departments, climb up to the tower via the original house's servants quarters and make our way through to the nurses accommodation.

Despite collapse and neglect for over ten years, I rate Broomhill as one of the best hospital explores in the Glasgow area and well worth a visit.

aBroomhill1of21.jpg

aBroomhill3of21.jpg

aBroomhill2of21.jpg

aBroomhill8of21.jpg
aBroomhill7of21.jpg

aBroomhill21of21.jpg

aBroomhill20of21.jpg

aBroomhill9of21.jpg
aBroomhill6of21.jpg

aBroomhill19of21.jpg

aBroomhill18of21.jpg

aBroomhill17of21.jpg