real time web analytics
Question - - Brown's Folly Mine - July 2019 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Brown's Folly Mine - July 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

EJ9

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey! George here (@SeekerGeorge on insta) First proper post, never really thought id post my own thread as i'm not one for doing write ups.. But here i am!

So i recently ventured down under at Brown's Folly.
Trying to explain where i was at this point is going to be hard as i couldn't really understand the map (Sorry!)
So while having a little walk/crawl around i found the well, while around that area i came to a dead end, but the blocked up wall had been built up with rocks AND cement (Not just rocks stacked like most of the areas)
But while at the wall, from the other side all i could hear was some sort of an engine or a generator running.. Baring in mind it was around 8/9pm So i really couldn't see it being any workers or why there would be workers down there in the first place, especially at that time....
I'm just curious as to what the sound could be if anyone has an idea?

May have posted in the wrong section so i apologise if so!
Hope someone can help because i'm so intrigued as to what it could be..
Thanks in advance! - George.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sure it backs on to Monkton Farleigh mine which was used a munitions store. Maybe somebody is growing down there again :oops:

EJ9

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sure it backs on to Monkton Farleigh mine which was used a munitions store. Maybe somebody is growing down there again :oops:

Quite possibly so, that was something i thought of.. it was fairly loud as i could hear it well before i actually got to the wall.. Should it be someone someone should report in case or just forget about it and leave it..?

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
haha if only it was closer! a good 3hour drive for me, been down there a few times though, but with box getting sealed it doesn't really warrant a trip anymore, unless of course the pack walling can come down and entry to monkton obtained ;P the place still uses loads of electricity so i believe. So hearing a generator is a bit suspect lol

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've just been told that monkton is still used for document storage so could be a legitimate power source lol

EJ9

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
haha if only it was closer! a good 3hour drive for me, been down there a few times though, but with box getting sealed it doesn't really warrant a trip anymore, unless of course the pack walling can come down and entry to monkton obtained ;P the place still uses loads of electricity so i believe. So hearing a generator is a bit suspect lol

Ahh true say! I wouldn't really want to go down there kitted to knock a wall down - I'm sure the caving community wouldn't be the slightest bit pleased! (I'm not going to do it don't worry!)

I've just been told that monkton is still used for document storage so could be a legitimate power source lol

Well that could also be possible... Just weird being an generator/engine running late through the night in my opinion...

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
You were at the end of back passage. You can hear the fans for the climate control.

If you would like a trip down there with someone who actually knows their way around give me a shout.

EJ9

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You were at the end of back passage. You can hear the fans for the climate control.

If you would like a trip down there with someone who actually knows their way around give me a shout.

I actually probably would be interested with that offer.. As while down there myself i had no idea where i was going haha!

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User

I don’t suppose your about next Sunday for guided tour? My friend and I are coming up next weekend for a couple of days and wouldn’t mind doing browns with someone who knows where their going!

Who has read this thread (Total: 204) View details