real time web analytics
Report - - Browns Folly Mine, Monkton Farleigh - 14/6/09 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Browns Folly Mine, Monkton Farleigh - 14/6/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Visited with Bubbledhead and God. Again, thanks to these guys for driving and the invite. An even bigger thanks to Rigsby for showing us around and telling us literally anything we asked about the mine. Legend. Hope you feel better after your sleep. :D

Browns Folly Mine is an average sized Bath Stone quarry which was originally part of Monkton Farleigh Mine. However when the War Department converted part of the quarry in to an ammunitions store they separated part of the quarry which is the area now known as Browns Folly. (http://www.nettleden.com/venue.php?id=20)

My first proper mine explore since Black Country museum when I was a kid, and some coal mine in wales we went on a school trip to in the 90's.

Not a huge amount of photos, as my camera's processor is slower than slow...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Some great pics there mate :thumb - only let down by this one:

6.jpg

I believe it is now compulsory to have at least one naked explorer in the pool before taking such a pic :p

rigsby

Chatbox Mong
28DL Full Member
Nice photos there mate. Your welcome glad you enjoyed it. U can see me slumped on the floor in pic 5 :D I feel a lot better now after 13 hrs sleep.

Budice

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pics mate. Are those troughs still empty? We were there 3 or 4 weeks ago and it looked like the water filling them had dried up for some reason, also the little pipe type thing that guided the waater into one of them was gone. Anyone any idea what's happened there?

rigsby

Chatbox Mong
28DL Full Member
I think the top trough had a little bit of water in but the others were empty.
The last few times i have been they have not been full.
I did think it was very dry down there in general tho.

God

Bloody Everywhere
28DL Full Member
Here is my two pence worth!

Could not decide on the white balance so just went for what made the photo look its best.

IMG_0042Medium.jpg

IMG_0043Medium.jpg

IMG_0047Medium.jpg

IMG_0049Medium.jpg

IMG_0057Medium.jpg

IMG_0058Medium.jpg

IMG_0059Medium.jpg

IMG_0060Medium.jpg

IMG_0063Medium.jpg

IMG_0064Medium.jpg

tommo

shire lad born & breeding
28DL Full Member
top picks guys, looks like u had a good day down there.

dont think u can ever get bored of browns :thumb

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I can't believe how many rocks are in that well now, not looking too good. Also, the pipe that feeds the troughs was there last time I was down there, I wish people would leave it alone.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details